2.6.15 takes forever to load

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I am a huge fan of SynthMaster, but the last update did not make me happy. Now, when I open FL Studio and add FIRST instance of Synthmaster, it takes at least 30-50 seconds to load (HDD is busy while loading and the whole windows freezes).

With 2.6.9, it took 5, in worst cases up to 10 seconds to load !

Is it onle me, or is someone else having the same issue ? Cheers, Jan.

I have same issue, but i was it have before but less time to load (but still long). With the 2.6.15 i have more time loading. Maybe similar as you, i dont count.
I use Sonar X2.

This issue is only for first SM load, after load one, another is load more quickly. For me.

Oberheim 8000 wrote:I have same issue, but i was it have before but less time to load (but still long). With the 2.6.15 i have more time loading. Maybe similar as you, i dont count.
I use Sonar X2.

This issue is only for first SM load, after load one, another is load more quickly. For me.
Just tried 5 minutes ago.

My laptop : Acer Aspire V3 (i5-4200M @ 2.50GHz with 8 GHz of RAM and the HDD weekly defragmented).

My version of Windows : 8.1 64-bits

My version of Synthmaster : 2.6.15 with about 1500 presets (standard edition + all Nori's presets).
  1. First load of Synthmaster in a session of Cantabile Lite 2 32-bit : 14 seconds.
  2. Close of Synthmaster, total unload of it from the rack
  3. 2nd load in the same session of Cantabile Lite : 2 seconds ! (because many allocations are reset only at the unload of the host itself)
So... my opinion : you simply have a computer which needs to be optimized (defragmentation of the HDD, epurations to do in msconfig, check out of unnecessary permanent tasks, not optimal config of the antivirus, many ghost references in the registry, etc.)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny - Thank you for your observation, but I must inform you my laptop is being optimised on regular basis (registry cleaning and defrag, drastic reduction of running system processes and my HDD fragmentation at the moment is 0.17%)

But still - even if my laptop was not in a healthy condition - 2.6.15 update causes DRASTIC increase of load times comparing to 2.6.9 (even to Oberheim 8000).
No reason to blame my or his system. New Synthmaster just loads slower !
For the record - I reverted back to 2.6.9 and it loads in 5 seconds !

And yes - after first instance is loaded, the other ones load up in a second. But waiting like 40 seconds is TOO MUCH.

//my specs : Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, core i7 2630QM, 6GB RAM, 750 GB HDD.

erasermusic wrote:BlackWinny - Thank you for your observation, but I must inform you my laptop is being optimised on regular basis (registry cleaning and defrag, drastic reduction of running system processes and my HDD fragmentation at the moment is 0.17%)

But still - even if my laptop was not in a healthy condition - 2.6.15 update causes DRASTIC increase of load times comparing to 2.6.9 (even to Oberheim 8000).
No reason to blame my or his system. New Synthmaster just loads slower !
For the record - I reverted back to 2.6.9 and it loads in 5 seconds !

And yes - after first instance is loaded, the other ones load up in a second. But waiting like 40 seconds is TOO MUCH.

//my specs : Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, core i7 2630QM, 6GB RAM, 750 GB HDD.
I don't blame anybody but...
So how do you explain that my simple i5 takes so few time to load it ?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

The POINT is that new update makes SynthMaster load almost 10 times slower ! Not to compare my system to yours, or anybody elses.
For the record... 14 seconds is nothing to boast about. On my system, first instance of SM 2.6.9 loads up in 5 seconds.
But after 2.6.15 update not anymore.

and, it is maybe Windows. I have win 7 home premium 64bit too, laptop - i5, 4gb Ram and 500GB HDD. My defragmetation is low. I try defragment, but i dont believe that is the problem.

I have the same problem ...

Same issue here. First start of SynthMaster after a fresh PC reboot is

12 seconds with 2.6.15
2 seconds with the prior version (don't remember which one that was, I think it was 2.6.8 for me, but not sure)

I am using the 64 bit version on Windows 7.

Please fix this! :)

Just a little update here. According to KV331 support, this will be fixed in 2.7.

erasermusic wrote:Just a little update here. According to KV331 support, this will be fixed in 2.7.
I hope they also fix the MIDI Learn issue, it seems that mapping the easy controllers to your midi controller doesn't work as expected with 2.6.16 but it works fine in 2.6.12 which is what I reverted back to.
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

Return to “KV331 Audio”