MIDI learn (Global) - does it work?

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,
if I understand the feature correctly, the global MIDI learn should assign a control message to some knob regardless of preset. However, after changing the preset all the MIDI assignments get discarded immediately. (e.g. I map the faders on my MIDI keyboard to the Easy 1-8 parameters through MIDI learn (Global), then I change the preset or initialize a new one and the assignments are gone instantly).

Is there a way to make the mapping so that the individual preset mappings to MIDI controls would just get ignored? I'd like my faders to control Easy 1-8 and sliders to adjust bus sends with any preset without having to map anew it every time the preset is changed.

(In case it is a bug - I use 64-bit version with Reaper)

I have this same issue with 2.6.16 in Reaper x64. The Global MIDI settings don't work properly...the presets override the settings. I ended up reinstalling 2.6.12 which doesn't have this bug. I also submitted a tech support request yesterday, haven't heard back from them yet. But I hope they fix it in the next version. Global MIDI should take precedence over individual presets. I too have Easy 1 thru 8 assigned to knobs on my midi controller.
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

Return to “KV331 Audio”