Extremely annoying bugs.

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have run into some extremely annoying bugs in basic features that Synthmaster really should not have given it's age, for example:
The oscillator pitch knob not jumping to whole semitones when using a mouse (thus defeating the point).
The same knob will work with MIDI CC, but it will do things like say that you are -2 semitones (bar being at midi CC 63, which is -1 semitone, which I checked was correct using a spectrum analyzer), then say you are -2 semitones down when you are at MIDI CC 62 (which is correct), then claim that you are -4 semitones when you are at MIDI CC 61 (which is -3 semitones, once again checked with a spectrum analyzer) and so on.
The only way the pitch knob correctly works is when using the mouse wheel.

There is also other bugs like the master tune knob sometimes not changing it's tuning value when going from one MIDI CC to the next (for example, MIDI CC 77 and 78 have the same 443.3Hz tuning, again checked with a spectrum analyzer), this bug also does not happen when using the mouse wheel.

Does anyone have any other major bugs that I should look out for?
Last edited by Devastator on Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

If you want a "finer" resolution with the knobs, press shift key while changing knob values. That will give you 10x resolution.

or use the mouse wheel as you already figured out.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

It is not finer control I want.
I want the pitch knob to go from one semitone to the next without going finer (as that is the point of the knob and how it acts with MIDI or mouse wheel), not in between (which is the job of the fine knob).
Even with it going in 0.5 semitone (as it does with the lowest mouse lag setting) steps it is hard to get it it to land on a whole semitone (sometimes needing you to go above and below the value you want before it will land on it) and having the mouse filter lag setting on anything other than 20ms will remove the even 0.5 semitone steps (so you end up at values like 74.2, 76.4 ect.)
Trying to correct it by pressing shift and using the mouse is tedious, and having a mouse with a wheel or a MIDI controller that sends CCs (which has the problem of stating the wrong semitone half the time) is also not a given.

So it seems the 2D envelopes are completely broken also.

Having the stages set to more than 16 badly breaks the controls, with trying to use the length bars past the 16th one often changing the envelope shape instead, some bars will not move no matter what and trying to use the 32th length bar often causes the whole 2D envelope and length area to disappear!

Devastator wrote:It is not finer control I want.
I want the pitch knob to go from one semitone to the next without going finer
Can you do that in an "analog" knob? No.

so in regular mode the knob acts like a continuous analog knob.

If you want to to act like a "digital" knob, then use you use the mouse wheel to increase/decrease the knob value.

That's a feature, not a bug.

Happy holidays

Bulent
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Return to “KV331 Audio”