Synthmaster suddenly stopped working

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For whatever reason Synthmaster stopped working in all my hosts (Reaper and Bitwig) from one day to the other. I uninstalled and downloaded the latest version and installed (32bit version). It didn't resolve the issue and Synthmaster doesn't work anymore for me.

When I add Synthmaster in Reaper it crashes Reaper, when I add Synthmaster in Bitwig, the plugin crashes(sandboxed).

I haven't changed anything in my computer and no windows update has occurred between the two days.

Do Synthmaster update/store files somewhere when closing the host that could have been corrupted? I tried renaming a config file in the installation folder but it doesn't resolve the issue.

I managed to resolve this. There is another SynthMasterConfig.txt that I needed to delete/rename. In windows its stored at my documents/synthmaster/Config/SynthMasterConfig.txt

The only thing I did last session was to browse some presets and close the DAW(Bitwig) and it seems this somehow made the config corrupt so it crashed Synthmaster. A quick look at the new config and the old config looks similar but the items are in different order so hard to tell without sorting and some visual comparison tool.

I have to update on this issue so you guys know.

I run Reaper and Bitwig. The "my documents/synthmaster/Config/SynthMasterConfig.txt" one again causes crashes. This time only in reaper in in some tracks containing synthmaster(but not all in same song).

The solution though is to delete my documents/synthmaster/Config/SynthMasterConfig.txt one again, and all crashes are gone in Reaper.
Annoying, but same issue even though it was isolated to tracks, and not like before causing a crasch when adding it.

That config file under program files\vstplugins is never written, it's used as the base config file.

Can you please email me that config file? Apparently something in the file is causing a crash ?
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Return to “KV331 Audio”