Changing attributes for a preset

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have tried searching for this, but could not find any duplicate question. I updated the Preset Styles list in SynthMasterConfig.txt and want to set some factory presets using my new style. Is there a way to save attribute selections for a factory preset, or are those unchangeable? Would I have to save it as a user preset first and then set the attributes?

Also, is it OK to edit the attribute lists in the SynthMasterConfig.txt file?

Thanks. Sorry if this is a duplicate question.

I tried a few more things. I opened my DAW as Administrator which then allowed me to write back the preset in the Program Files directory. Unfortunately, the next time I load the project, the DAW (Stagelight) crashes when it attempts to load Synthmaster. I am assuming Synthmaster did not like it. I uninstalled Synthmaster and re-installed and things worked again. I tried several times to save a factory preset using my user defined music style and each time had the same problem.

iPlogger wrote: Also, is it OK to edit the attribute lists in the SynthMasterConfig.txt file?

Thanks. Sorry if this is a duplicate question.
Yes it's OK. but you're editing the config file at:

<userdocuments>\SynthMaster\Config\SynthMasterConfig.txt

right ?
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Correct. I changed it from that location. Here is the list of steps I used.

1) I added one new style to the end of the 'Preset Styles' list.
2) I saved the file.
3) Opened the DAW (Stagelight) and loaded my project.
4) Opened Synthmaster and selected the sound 'PD Ambient Emotion RL'.
5) I selected the new preset style under 'Music Style'.
6) I clicked save and it would not save due to the 'Program Files' directory and UAC.
7) I closed and restarted the DAW in Administrator mode.
8 ) I was now able to save the preset 'PD Ambient Emotion RL' with my newly selected music style.
9) Everything works well until I close and restart. Then the program (Stagelight) crashes when it attempts to load Synthmaster.
10) It doesn't matter whether or not I start Stagelight in Administrator mode. It will always crash.
11) To resolve I have to uninstall and re-install Synthmaster.

When I get a chance, I may try this in Cubase.

did you add a lot of attributes/styles ?

Could you post the styles line you used in the config file? Maybe it's longer that 1024 characthers.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

I added one attribute to the end of the list called 'Worship'. I was hoping to add a few more styles for when I play with a different band. This way I can quickly find the sounds I use for a particular band I am playing in. But I am trying out a simple case first as I am only in the very early stages of learning Synthmaster.

Here is my preset listing after installing the latest 2.7.6 update. I added my one style at the end.

Preset Styles=Acid,Ambient,Baroque,Blues,Bluegrass,Breakbeat,Classical,Chillout,Country,Disco,Dance,DnB,DubStep,Easy Listening,Ethnic,Electro,Electronica,Fsu,Glitch,Handsup,Hardstyle,Hi Nrg,HipHop,Hip House,House,Italo,Funk,Folk,Jazz,Latin,Lounge,Metal,Minimal,Newschool Electro,New Beat,Reggae,Oldschool Electro,Pop,Rock,Soul,Techno,Trance,Worship

Oh, after I saved the preset with the new 'Worship' attribute, it did not show up as a filter selection so I could find the sound. That's when I restarted the DAW and ran into this problem. I thought maybe I needed to refresh Synthmaster for it show the attribute as a filter selection.

I just looked back into this again last night. I am no longer getting the crash. I decided to try it with a different project, so maybe that helped. But I'm not quite sure I can do exactly what I was hoping. I want to assign my own styles and attributes to factory presets.

I am able to assign the style to a factory preset, but only if I run my DAW as Administrator allowing it write access to the Program Files directory. Once I restart the DAW, Synthmaster does not display the new styles as a search option (in Browser), though the Preset tab has the new styles marked for the sound. How do I get my styles to show up in the Browser so I can filter based on them?

Second, the program does not allow you to make any edits to the expansion libraries. I wanted to mark a style for a preset in 'Essentials 4 Clubbin" and Synthmaster displays a dialog stating you can't edit expansion library presets.

It seems what I want to do will really require a Save As and then set the attributes/styles from there. This will lead to many duplicate presets just to allow me the ability to mark a style.

One solution I've thought of is to mark Favourites for different styles and save them as separate Favourite files. Then swap in the favorite config file as necessary.

My recommendation (which may have already been requested in the suggestions thread) is to allow users to edit a Notes field that can be searchable. It would be nice if the data is associated separately from the actual preset data file so it doesn't need to overwrite anything in the Program Files directory. Using a separate file may also help prevent upgrades from overwriting the preset file, losing any user changes. The thing is, I definitely do NOT want to edit anything regarding the sounds of a factory preset, that SHOULD require a Save As. I just want the ability to edit Notes for them.

Return to “KV331 Audio”