Synthmaster 2.7.4.6 crashing Cubase 8.03 64 bit

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm posting here as I've not had any response from the KV331 support as yet.

Anyone else suffering with Synthmaster crashing and closing Cubase 8 64 bit? This is happening quite often (twice so far today!)

Windows 7 64bit SP1
i7 2600k processor
Cubase 8.03 64 bit

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Cubase8.exe
Application Version: 8.0.30.536
Application Timestamp: 55e48727
Fault Module Name: SynthMaster2.dll
Fault Module Version: 2.7.4.6
Fault Module Timestamp: 55f8c8a4
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000005eac7
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: b960
Additional Information 2: b960f360a5329dc00957a700113faf61
Additional Information 3: 880d
Additional Information 4: 880dbea32a700b7758c6e43541b12ee3

Thanks,

m

Do you remember what you were doing when it crashed? If you can give us steps to reproduce the issue we'll work on it.

Try to delete

c:\users\public\public documents\synthmaster27temp
my documents/synthmaster
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Hi, thanks for the reply. It ended up crashing so much I had to remove the plugin. I had deleted the temp files too.

Basically, I was switching in and out of the Cubase application, and when I came back in as soon as I pressed play on Cubase, the plugin crashed the system. This was at around bar 450 in the project file.

I've now gone back to the track, and it's stopped crashing for no apparent reason.

Would a cubase crash dump help you guys, as right now I can't reproduce :(

Cheers,

m

no unfortunately it wouldnt help.
Works at KV331 Audio

This is very frustrating. I ended up replicating the patch in another soft synth, but went back to use some more SynthMaster today. The result - it crashed Cubase completely, 4 times in the space of an afternoon.

I've deleted everything as you said, hasn't made a difference.

Are you aware of any issues/conflicts with Vienna Ensemble Pro? I'm using that in my session (not for Synthmaster) and it seems to crash when new networked audio comes back into Cubase.

Thanks,

m

Being a fresh member of the Synthmaster community (just have received my serial number), I'd like to help out if I can.

I have a Windows 8.1 64 Bit system using Cubase 8.0.30 64 Bit and haven't had any problems with the latest Synthmaster demo, but since I could only use it for 15 minutes due to demo restrictions so far (and just used one instance at a time), I am more likely to run into the same problem now that I have a registered copy.

The only crashes I've ever had with Cubase I either had because of audio driver issues in combination with a very low latency setting, or some 32 bit plugin was destroying my sessions. Having checked the VSL website I assume though that you are using the 64 bit version.

Anyway: I will use Synthmaster in my current project and see if I can reproduce this issue. Fortunately the deadline for my project is in the beginning November, so I will use Synthmaster extensively anyway.

Cheers,

Frank

Hi Frank,

Thanks very much. I'll be reporting in anything I find to resolve this as well.

You're right, I'm running 64 bit plugins where ever possible, quite high ASIO latency of 512 and mid level ASIO Guard as well,

Cheers,

m

Hey Mark,

for starters, I have two things that could be worth looking into:

1.) You said you are running 2.7.4 - maybe you already did, but updating to 2.7.6 could not be the worst choice. I haven't been able to find any official changelog, but who knows if something was fixed that is related to your problem. Chances are slim, but since I am using 2.7.6 quite happily without any crashes, it could be worth it.

2.) Menu -> Device -> Device Setup, there is an option to "Release driver when application in background" - since you said you were switching in and out of Cubase, it could be that your audio driver might have some strange hiccup when it comes to Synthmaster. Try and toggle this option to see if that changes anything.

I'll see if I can find anything more in the meantime.

Cheers,

Frank

One thing I noticed recently:

Sometimes the installer does not copy SynthMasterLicenseKey.txt file.

So what I recommend is:

1. Delete data folder completely2
2. do a clean (full) installation for 64bit windows version: http://www.synthmaster.com/downloadfile.aspx?fileId=48
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “KV331 Audio”