Synthmaster Midi-Learn Feature Suggestions

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have tried numerous times to midi map presets in Synthmaster to relatively unsuccessful avail. While mapping the easy parameters to global works fine - many other mappings (for me) behave erratically. Global mappings don't work consistently between presets - some will not map at all, some map but behave inconsistently. For me, I am using a LaunchControl XL - with an add on script (XXL by Isotonik + PrEditor) that allows for 16 banks of 24 mappings (per preset, or global). Given the amount of parameters in Synthmaster - it would be very very helpful to have these mapped for the factory presets. And since mapping of multiple parameters to a single pot is possible, this would be even more useful for mapping the drag and drop modulation matrix. From there, using PPTC (by Hollyhook) - allows for "meta presets," and other features -which can further modulate parameters against each other - still allowing access to the underlying parameters, while allowing for additional layers of abstraction. However, this sort of workflow just doesn't work for me with Synthmaster. So I have a few requests:

1. Allow for a (working) Global Mapping of parameters that extends across all presets.

2. In the case that a Preset doesn't contain a particular Global Parameter - allow for a Highlight function in midi-map mode that allows the particular parameter to be mapped to its individual preset, and/or across any others it exists in (globalize it).

3. Don't Require a right click to expose the Midi Learn function on individual preset parameters - have a global midi learn CC exposure for all the preset/global parameters, allowing for quicker mapping.

4. Expose all the CC assignments when midi learn is in use - with visual cues to distinguish between global/preset mappings - and as yet unmapped parameters.

5. When changing midi-mapping - allow to unmap preset/global - as far as I can see, you don't know if a midi-assignment is preset/global when you want to change it.

Doing the above would allow locking Synthmaster to a control surface, so we could continue to modulate its parameters while working with different devices, tracks, etc., which would be very helpful.

It would also allow for modulating out-of-view parameters, while in a different view., i.e. modulate Layer 2 while working in Layer 1 etc.

This would also allow multiple synthmaster instances/presets to be mapped together... many potentials here. One example would be modulating a Pad or Drone Preset along with a Drum Preset - back into a 3rd Instance of Synthmaster - sending the midi into the Arpeggiator... there are many other possibilities.

Lastly, since Synthmaster already has an online sharing area for user patches... an online sharing area for midi mappings would be really cool too. And Preset creators could then follow a general schema for pre-assigning midi-mappings.

I hope these are okay suggestions - if any/or all of the above is already possible, do let me know!

Return to “KV331 Audio”