Creating Bass Wobble

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hello,i'm pretty new in synth stuff,and i'm trying to make backing tracks for my band.
Strings,brasses kinda stuff is easier but creating synth sounds is really complicated and i can't find a trustworth source to learn in my place(Turkey).
What i'm trying to do is exact copy of "Model" band's "Yalan" song.(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ds6sy3-oCI)

I have correct notes as midi,but i can't make that dubstepish(?) wobble. Please do a favor to a newbie,and teach me :(

bahadir.kaya17@gmail.com (mailto:bahadir.kaya17@gmail.com)

As far as I can hear, this is just a single sawtooth wave with a lowpass filter - triangle LFO attached to filter cutoff. Modulate both the LFO amount and LFO speed to get the various wobble effects.

cron wrote:As far as I can hear, this is just a single sawtooth wave with a lowpass filter - triangle LFO attached to filter cutoff. Modulate both the LFO amount and LFO speed to get the various wobble effects.
Hey! Thanks for your fast and accurate reply. I did everything you suggested,and it really gives close to song,i can create wobbles. This is absolutely same structure with the song but still,i can't feel that power in wobbles. I added my preset in the attachment,can you please take a look?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ah, I didn't spot this was in the Synthmaster forum! Fortunately I also own Synthmaster, but unfortunately I can't find your preset! It just gets absorbed into the main bank when importing and it's like finding a needle in a haystack. Not sure how to open an individual preset here as I'm not hugely experienced with SM and can't find anything in the manual. How embarrassing. :oops:

As such, I had a go from scratch for you. I'm completely unexperienced with patch programming in Synthmaster (bought it a while back, found it was far too complex for someone of my skill level) but this is what I came up with. Flick to the browser section to use the macro controls at bottom left. Macro 1 sweeps from pure bass to pure saw (with varying degrees of wobble in between), while macro 2 scales the filter cutoff speed. A limitation here is that I'm not sure how to *always* snap to tempo synced LFO values when sweeping macro 2, which would probably be more helpful. I'm sure it can be done though (everything in Synthmaster can be done). Play the patch in the C0 to C1 range (well, what Ableton Live calls C0 to C1 anyway - it can vary from DAW to DAW)

This saw with filter LFO is *such* a simple sound and the power of Synthmaster is perhaps a little much! Hope it's helpful though. The 'core' of the sound is there, if not the polish. Cheers!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “KV331 Audio”