'ParameterMetadata.xml' Error Message [SynthMaster v2.9.6]

Official support for: kv331audio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have an ongoing problem running SynthMaster 2 in my DAW as a VST plugin. My OS is Mac OS X, 10.13.2 (High Sierra). I've tried running both the 'update' and 'full' installers. Both installers ran seamlessly, but I continue to receive the following error message when instantiating the SynthMaster 2 VST plugin within Ableton Live 9.7. Note, I did not experience this problem with a previous SynthMaster version on the same system, running under the same DAW.

"SynthMaster 2.8
Incorrect parameter metadata file version:
/Library/Application Support/KV331 Audio/SynthMaster/Resources/ParameterMetadata.xml
Please reinstall SynthMaster 2.8"

In retrying the full version installer, I first renamed my existing path

'Library/Application Support/KV331 Audio/SynthMaster'

...to...

'Library/Application Support/KV331 Audio/tmpSynthMaster'

...so that the full SynthMaster 2.9.6 installer recreates the proper path and its content.

Unfortunately, the same error message appeared.

After reaching out to KV331 Audio twice within the last several weeks, I still have not heard back from the company.

I would appreciate recommendations on resolving this problem.

Thank you.

Does anyone know if KV331 Audio monitors this forum? I still haven't received a reply to the two technical support questions that I posted directly within KV331 Audio's web site. Unfortunately, I am dead in the water with SynthMaster 2.9.6, which is a shame, since it is an excellent synthesizer. Any recommendations? Thanks.

There is a post by them saying the don't visit this forum often and we should contact through the official page. In fact two of my questions here never got answered.

I also contacted them through their support page. It took ages but eventually they answered and solved my issue.

Unfortunately for some reason KV331 support doesn't seem to check reported issues very often. I don't know if it's because there is a bunch of reported issues or if they lack a proper support staff (probably the developers themselves answer the messages) or if they simply don't check issues as part of their daily routine.

Thanks for the reply. In your experience, how much time did it take for KV331 Audio to answer the tech support question you posted in its official support page?

Sorry it took so long to answer, I actually posted this on the wrong post :roll:

I believe it took around a week. I don't remember exactly because unfortunately the contact page didn't sent me a message received confirmation.

A few days later I posted the same problem here. That was on March 7. They answered my original message on their contact page March 11. If that was due to my message here or if they simply take a week to answer messages posted on the official channel I'll never know.

Yeah, I've been waiting about a month at least; still no reply. It seems a number of folks on this forum are experiencing similar delay times with their posts. Unfortunate. I see no other option for getting my question answered. At some point, I'll simply bite the bullet and take the loss on the SynthMaster 2 and sound packs that I purchased. Sad; I really like this product, but it's useless if I cannot load and run the software. Hopefully, this matter will be resolved soon. Otherwise, I will not purchase any more KV331 Audio products going forward.

In case anyone is interested or is experiencing a similar lack of response from KV331 Audio, I reposted my tech support request on its site: https://www.kv331audio.com/contactus.aspx. I posted the very same tech support question on two prior occasions: Feb 10th, 2018 and Mar 31st, 2018.

I normally do not do this, but at this point I feel KV331 Audio needs to be embarrassed into following up on its tech support questions.

Here's my most recent re-request dated Apr 14th, 2018:
This is the third time I am submitting this support question, starting from Feb 10, 2018. At this point, your lack in responding leads me to conclude either (a) you don't care about your customers and/or (b) you have no idea how to resolve this problem.

If you want details on my setup, then you read my past support ticket entries: Feb 10th, 2018 & Mar 31st, 2018.

It is truly amazing how a company that produces a great piece of software that is SynthMaster can toss its reputation so needlessly by failing to respond to its customer base on technical support matters.

Prove me wrong and resolve my SynthMaster problem.

I've learned to always image my hard drive before installing anything new from this developer.
Studio One 3.5.6 Pro
Win 7 x64
Core i7 3770 3.4 GHz
Behringer UMC404HD
No talent.

> I've learned to always image my hard drive before installing anything new from this developer.
Understood; re-imaging is definitely a best practice.

However, I have purchased a ton of plugins over the years, and I never felt the need to re-image my drive before installing any one plugin. Turns out I never had any serious problems with plugin installations. Frankly, I think the SynthMaster 'ParameterMetadata.xml' error message likely is an easy fix, but it requires knowing what specific changes are needed for one or more SynthMaster-specific configuration files. This makes it all the more frustrating that KV331 Audio has not replied yet.

I realize KV331 Audio must be a small shop, but this does not excuse its absence in (a) providing any reply at all, and (b) not having an archived section on its web site for all prior SynthMaster version. Heck, for (b), all I would need to do is to uninstall SynthMaster 2.9.6, re-install v2.8 and update it back to v2.9.6. I normally keep all prior versions of my plugins archived, but it just so happens that I missed archiving my previous SynthMaster versions. Bummer.

With work and family obligations and given the amount of time necessary to create a full disk image, I reserve imaging only for those occasions that require operating system updates or major software installations (a new DAW, video-editing software, etc.).

By the way, just out of curiosity, what disk imaging software do you use, and is your system OS X- or Windows-based?

I use Macrium (free version) with Windows 7.

I bought 2 HDs, made a clone and installed that (as a test) in place of the original, then made an image onto the other spare HD and then restored that image (as another test).

A bit of a pain, but good for peace of mind.
Studio One 3.5.6 Pro
Win 7 x64
Core i7 3770 3.4 GHz
Behringer UMC404HD
No talent.

Okay; thanks.

I honestly do not know if this will help but:

I am on Windows 8 with Synthmaster 2.9.6 with no problems other than the sample bug.

Would my version of that file, or the contents of my version of that file - be of any help to you?

After thinking some more....

The contents of the file may be of more help.

You can use a text comparison like this:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/diffuse/
or
https://sourcegear.com/diffmerge/

Maybe there is a difference in the files?

Thanks for the links. Since I posted this, I was able to locate prior SynthMaster 2 versions. After thoroughly cleansing my system of SynthMaster 2, I reinstalled it starting from version 2.7 and following through with all the updates leading to version 2.9.6, the current version. So far, this resolved the problem, but for some reason I am having an issue with the Audio Units version of the plugin. I'll work around it for now and will further investigate it at a later date.

Hi. I'm having this problem on Windows 10. Can you shared any links to download previous version of SM? Thanks!

Return to “KV331 Audio”