Natural minor scale and lydian mode

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

unless you want to go 'outside' there's no lydian over a minor chord.
I know what Mr Franck meant but for the most clarity for posterity, there's no lydian over a tonic minor chord as given, in any kind of way unless you are looking for clashes.

You can do anything you like but C Lydian and E minor do not co-exist.

Wow, quite a necro-bump...
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Oh, hmm, I wonder if you were as bored as I was, to post that super-interesting comment.

I was looking for something specific from 2012, decided to edit what I was reading and I hit quote rather than edit and decided what you see was better use of screen space than "..." or "delete" or whatever.

I find the whole necrobump concern ridiculous franckly :lol:

Sasha where have you been?
Not that I visit the Theory forum often but it seems like years since I've seen you on KVR. Always enjoyed your analysis/perspective.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

tapper mike wrote:Sasha where have you been?
Not that I visit the Theory forum often but it seems like years since I've seen you on KVR. Always enjoyed your analysis/perspective.
Well, been around at other places on the web.
The main reason probably being that I sort of stopped to update my virtual arsenal for a whole while - which actually wasn't the worst decision (my main music workhorse machine up until 2 months ago has been a 2008 Macbook which wouldn't run pretty much any actual plugins and other software anyway, but I just got a Mac Pro, so I might be around KVR more often soon-ishly), as I kinda concentrated on my core business (guitar playing) a bit more. Ah well, for strange reasons, the Franck household got larger, too, there's two more citizens by now (7 and 2), so that's quite something as well.

Sascha Franck wrote:
tapper mike wrote:Sasha where have you been?
Well, been around at other places on the web.
The main reason probably being that I sort of stopped to update my virtual arsenal for a whole while - which actually wasn't the worst decision (my main music workhorse machine up until 2 months ago has been a 2008 Macbook which wouldn't run pretty much any actual plugins and other software anyway, but I just got a Mac Pro, so I might be around KVR more often soon-ishly), as I kinda concentrated on my core business (guitar playing) a bit more. Ah well, for strange reasons, the Franck household got larger, too, there's two more citizens by now (7 and 2), so that's quite something as well.
More Germans... :scared:

Nice to 'see' you SF. I came back in the end too...

donkey tugger wrote: More Germans... :scared:
You may never stop to fear the huns.
Nice to 'see' you SF. I came back in the end too...
I already noticed and listened to your recent contest entry. Quality as ever!

Are you asking for the relative lydian to E minor? It's down four frets I think... so... Try Db lydian! :D

EDIT: I'm wrong. :dog:

It's C Lydian. C Lydian is the relative Lydian to E Minor. Sorry :phones:

Return to “Music Theory”