Song key, chord progressions, key changes...

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks, guys. =] I think my questions have been answered very thoroughly!

@jancivil Congrats on your 10,000th post! Holy heck. =]

Ok, you're welcome!

Yeah, that's insane. That's 7.5 yrs though

jancivil wrote:Ok, you're welcome!

Yeah, that's insane. That's 7.5 yrs though
I don't know what's the KVR record but this must be very near, average more than 111 comment every month, 7,5 years every day almost 4 posts, sounds almost like a full time job. H.

3.75 posts a day is full-time work? :scared:
I'm not that slow.

No, I'm not nearly as prolific as some. Not even hardly. 9...13... there are a number of people that post far more often. Highest post count I'm aware of is over 40k.

Haven't had a day job in 23+ yrs, maybe I'm wrong about productivity in the workplace. :hihi:
Last edited by jancivil on Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

That's right. Number one, it has nothing to do with helping the OP. Who tells us so.
I found 'Sigh.' obnoxious, given that you really have misconstructed some information you have the bare surface of. Do you really read what I wrote and come away with I didn't have a grasp of lydian fourth?

Is there something you don't grasp about what I'm telling you?

Steve Wisnoski

Kazynsky Infinity = jancivil
Ya gotta admit...the original post was pretty retarded. I threw a couple of ideas out. You have consistently attacked and argued with anyone who posts in this KVG theory forum. I have substantial experience....and success, and education . I vote for you to be the official KVG theory wizard. Congratulations !
Steve Wisnoski

I can understand that music theory is a sensitive topic and i believe people think differently about it.
I would describe it as "what could be appropriate", i can choose different models to view different aspects.

Now regarding jancivil, i must admit i learned a lot from her posts.
In fact she changed my mind quite drastically, :hihi:
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

So, the individual is Jan Civil ? Like what I see on the you tube account ?
Steve Wisnoski

"thinking differently about it" - well, we just do not get the effect of lydian in major. I don't think saying 'you're playing F lydian' when F is the IV chord in C major is thinking about it, I think it is received information that hasn't been examined. This does happen a lot here, and it is rather a pet peeve of mine.

I realize, Steve, that portraying what you did baldly is not the most diplomatic way to be. But doing 'Sigh.' like you're losing patience is condescending, and it's you making a fundamental mistake. I had been pretty thorough about the character of lydian by this point and you're going to act like I don't know about the raised 4? WTH? It's compounded for me by you advising to go do an internet search to find this same quality as you have.

This is not helpful, it is actually spreading bad information.

Lydian's whole #4 quality is not any #4 quality if C is the tonic and we're dealing IN C MAJOR. The original post gives IV-V-I. B is the leading tone to the tonic in the V chord in C major. F/B is the characteristic tension in the dominant harmonies V7 and vii7. Lydian can't happen. There is no 'thinking' that makes it magically materialize when C MAJOR is the fact.

"Chord progressions" in the major/minor harmonic paradigm, functional harmony paradigm are really the very thing to be wary of if not avoid.
The OP asks after IV-V-I. So we're going to consider three scalar formations? There's no call for it, it's simple: C major. The other things don't happen. The character of them has no footing; the footing is that F IS the center and base for F lydian. G IS the center and base for G mixolydian. The would-be character tones relate to C major where there is IV-V-I, so there is no character and no reality to 'F lydian/G mixolydian'. There is no debate to be had on it.

I can't do more for you on it.

Return to “Music Theory”