How to Start intermediate practices? Is there an app?

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I am at a point where I need to advance my keyboard practices from beginner type exercises to more intermediate things. I have been warming up going backwards and forward in multiple minor and major scales with both the left hand and right hand. I do complete exercises where I try to work one finger harder than the others until I feel some burn, and I try to do this to every finger, lol, I have found with strength in my fingers I am starting to be able to actually not have a mindfuck when I play something different with my left hand. (as weird as that sounds, also muscle memory and stuff)

but anyways, I want to find some exercises that help me improve my offhand (left) that aren't stupidly easy but at the same time aren't expert level (I am self taught, so I like to jump in as far as I can go, but I usually swim out to far before I find my true comfort zone)

Is there any app or website that you would recommend for keyboard lessons/training? That would be ideal.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

If you're serious, I strongly recommend finding a teacher, even if it's just for a few lessons.
At this stage, what you do isn't nearly important as how you do it. In other words, adopting a good technique is of paramount importance. Get that right, and things start to flow naturally. Get it wrong, and it becomes much harder to improve - it's very hard to unlearn things once you've got into bad habits (I'm not saying you are, but a teacher will be able to tell - there's all sorts of things relating to posture, fingering and stuff that you might not even have thought much about yet).

A few hours with a good teacher is worth a lot more than anything you will find online.
Unfamiliar words can be looked up in my Glossary of musical terms.
Also check out my Introduction to Music Theory.

JumpingJackFlash wrote:A few hours with a good teacher is worth a lot more than anything you will find online.
+1. Spend some time with an actual piano teacher.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Return to “Music Theory”