SF-PLAY v1.0 should be set at beta

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:( I want to say it works and it really does work...but...not too good. Not EVEN good. Does the word PHAT come to mind...NOT. Don't waste your time on this one until it grows up into something useful. The sound is way too tinny. Where's the beef? :(
Less talk more playing

putny wrote::( I want to say it works and it really does work...but...not too good. Not EVEN good. Does the word PHAT come to mind...NOT. Don't waste your time on this one until it grows up into something useful. The sound is way too tinny. Where's the beef? :(
I agree completely. I'm not making fun of SF-Play by any means, Its definitely a better SoundFont player than I could ever program since I've never worked with synth edit. But it's sound quality is pretty awful right now.

the problem is that the soundfont player is mono
maybe in the next version of synthedit :)

but there are nice effects that no soundfonts player has

BTW and a lot of people like this soundfont player and it`s FREEEEEEEE
and i`m working on a cool GUI (maybe tomorrow)

hello.to/synthedit

(i`ll try to make it beter)

OdO

Sup, Odo. I'm sure it will get better eventually if you keep working on it. Its already way better than I could do, so keep improving it. :wink:

just download some good soundfonts
the soundfont in the *.zip file is very bad
BTW there is a new GUI

update
better sound and chorus new gui 8 presets :)
less cpu 14 presets GUI changed a little :)

http://members.lycos.nl/synthedit/

( hi eXpeRIMentFOUR nice synth but how do you make a bypass?)

gr ODO
Last edited by odo on Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hay rob, you DO have it going on :) I d/l "esef" and it sounds good. And, it's FREE and it's made with synthedit (obo). I didn't want any bells & whistles. Eye candy is no good without something under the hood. Just something to play the ka-zillion soundfonts I have. I'm using Cubase SX with it rob & so far so good. I'll let you know if I have any problems with it.

Good job eXpeRIMentFOUR :)

BTW...anybody that got the brains to program this stuff get much props from me & the crew. If it good I'll let you know and if it's bad I'll let you know that too 8) [/quote]
Less talk more playing

not to hijack odos thread but ...

thx putny :) ... its always good to get nice positive feedback ... a lot of the props must go to jeff who wrote synthedit ... i just string the bits together in what i think is the best order :wink: ...

also ... if you have loads of soundfonts ... did you try fontaminator from my site too :?:

... cheers :shock: rob

hi putny did you try sf-play 1.02 or 1.03 ?
it`s a lot better than 1.0 and not only the GUI :)
BTW it`s only a soundfonts player

OdO

just try this one :)

Return to “Modular Synthesis”