Downloads

Official support for: acousmodules.free.fr
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

During the reorganization of the whole AcousModules series, and the portage of a number of them to Mac OSX, there will be no more download on the site.

The reopening is supposed to be in June.

Regards,

Hi. I was just going to include you in an article in Electronic Musician (US). Can we talk privately about access to the site? The article would not be in print until July, but I haven;t really tested out your software enough to write about it.
Thanks very much.
Dennis
acousmod wrote:Hi,

During the reorganization of the whole AcousModules series, and the portage of a number of them to Mac OSX, there will be no more download on the site.

The reopening is supposed to be in June.

Regards,

Hi,

Since today, the new range of AcousModules is available. Some changes, some new plugins, a new organization (surround, octophony etc..) and the first Mac OS X versions (very limited for now).

Only the french pages are updated, the english side will be done at the middle of june.
But you can download in the french section...

Please, read carefully the intro page (yes, in french...) and look at the Host Compatibility and the Configurations pages before any try.

Hello,
I´m following your plugin developement for a certain time and I´m very impressed about the idea to do it for really special fileds of multichannel sound art. "Unfortunately" I have Mac and cannot use the most interesting plugs right now. Are you planning to port the masses plug to OS X? For some different artworks I have to deal with up to 64 channels of audio and speakers. But the tim is running for me and I´m not a coding guy to do it in SC or MAX.
So is there any developement still?

Thanks an best wishes
RM

Thanks for your comments...

64 channels !!!
I understand that it might not be easy to deal with this number of speakers !

The "masses" category plugins is actually hard to make inside Sonicbirth, due to the impossibility to reuse interface elements inside sub-circuits.
That is to say that some of the Windows version could be ported for OSX, but will need a lot of work for only have 8 more channels...

I've planned to make some more versions in January (I have no time for it this month), so, if you can tell me what kind of tool will be useful for you, perhaps that I can see them in priority ?

What host(s) do you use ?

Yea, 64 outputs to control, but its not able to for right now, because I haven´t got my 64 analog outputs from my machine. I allready have the amp and the speakers. For now I´m using DP 4.6, but no of the host apps is allowing more than 10.2 output. What I special need is a panning software, where you can place your loudspeakers free in the space 2D (maybe 3D). I want to record the surround positions as a automation. So I´m not a programmer more a musician and I cannot do it in MAX of SC. I think the the first group of your plugins is the most interesting now for me. Don´t know exactly wich one special till now, but...

RM

For now I´m using DP 4.6, but no of the host apps is allowing more than 10.2 output. What I special need is a panning software, where you can place your loudspeakers free in the space 2D (maybe 3D). I want to record the surround positions as a automation.
On Mac, Tracktion is the only multitrack app that can do it, up to 47 channels !
It may take some time to set the tracks, but you can use a plug (if it exists !) inside the "rack filters" which allows you to places freely the speakers and automates the positions.
Making a 47 channels version of a plugin would not be hard with Synthedit (for Win plugins), but will take some time for a Mac version due to the structure of Sonicbirth. But it is not impossible ;-)
But it will be "only" 47 outputs...

An other possibility is to combine several 12 channels busses in Nuendo (it may be possible in DP too) by the use of several instances of a same plugin with MIDI control between them.
I've already used this technique in Nuendo, but at this time Sonicbirth doesn't support to send MIDI messages. So no way for me for a Mac version.

Third solution : use a separate host like Bidule for the spatialization, and DP or other for audio playing (via Rewire) and MIDI automation of the plugin.
Since Bidule or Max/Msp as hosts have no bus limits, it may work for 64 audio outputs (if the plug exists of course !).

Fourth solution (!) : use Logic Pro and its 64 sends per track, with a MIDI control plugin (external).
Like in the second case, I couldn't make a MIDI out plugin actually, but the principle is good, and not too hard to set up in Logic (works on Windows with plugs made on purpose like the HexadecaStick 3D...).
I don't know an other app on Mac that can have up to 64 sends. What is max in DP ?

Hi Jean-Marc,

The download link for the Mac MultiSampler 16X appears to be broken <http://acousmodules.free.fr/fichiers/ma ... ler16X.zip>.

Maybe this is part of your much anticipated reworking of Mac OS X versions?

Thanks, Ean

Ean White, Technical Director
Harvard University Studio for Electroacoustic Composition
http://huseac.fas.harvard.edu/
eanwhite@fas.harvard.edu

Ean,

Sorry, I had only forgotten to upload the file :?
It must be OK now.

Attention, the samples are loaded in the RAM. On my Mini it takes a lot of CPU with long samples.
Maybe this is part of your much anticipated reworking of Mac OS X versions?
I must admit that since Apple has announced BootCamp I am less motivated to make new OS X plugins. And also because the development of SonicBirth is nearly stoped and yet lacks some important features for me...

Is VST so different on the two platforms? I'd think that VST is VST once all the I/O is configured--but, honestly, I have no idea... :bang:

Thanks for the quick response--dl'd fine. I'll be testing the plugs on a monstrous G5 tower so I'm not too worried... If I buy a bunch of licenses for the shareware (stereo!) versions, would that encourage more Mac development? How does your licensing work?
acousmod wrote:Sorry, I had only forgotten to upload the file :?
It must be OK now.

Attention, the samples are loaded in the RAM. On my Mini it takes a lot of CPU with long samples.

Looks like your link for downloading "MidiPlug V" is actually linked to "MIDIPlug G" on your website under Controllers.

I was able to download MidiPlug V by handtyping the url. Now I'm having trouble getting it to work. I've loaded it in both Bidule and Energy XT and there is no midi output. The monitor window says "SOUND ON" but whenever I click on a key at the bottom or move any of the controls there's no midi output.

I don't imagine anyone has tested this yet but it looks rather handy for testing circuits under Bidule.

Can you look into it please? :D
--taji

Hi,

Thank you for the bad link... It is now corrected.

The MIDIPlug V is a MIDI viewer, that it to say that it DOES NOT generate MIDI messages but only gives a representation of incoming messages.

If you want to generate MIDI messages with a virtual keyboard and controllers, you can look at the MIDI bag plugins from TobyBear : http://www.tobybear.de/p_midibag.html
For example the QuickKey and the CC-Control

Okay, that explains it. I've tried QuickKeys and as useful as it is, there are some bugs with the octave and channel controls. Thanks for the quick response.
--taji

Hmm if I ever knew that you had your forum on KVR I'd long since forgotten.
Which is odd, as you probably recall my name for I've absolutely freaked out over your plug-ins in the past! Especially in reference to the future of multichannel audio.

I've recently returned to your site after largely being away from the internet for a half year and discovered you've been quite busy. I desperately want to try out your new midi plugs but cannot seem to get any download to work on this page on your site:
http://acousmodules.free.fr/acousmodules5_en.htm

I can't believe all these wonderful midi plug-ins! In the interim I've gotten a touchscreen monitor and a p5 glove and can't wait to use your control surfaces.

[edit] none too surprisingly there was a problem (I'm not sure what) at my end.

There are, however, at least 3 broken links on that page:

A n i m a M I D

A n i m a P h y 3 D

3 D M I D I W i i

P 5 K e y b o a r d

Return to “AcousModules”