VSThost to Kristal Audio Engine

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a way to route the output of vsthost to Kristal Audio engine? And without latency?

Since Kristal can load VST PlugIns, why exactly would you need that?
"Until you spread your wings, you'll have no idea how far you can walk." Image

perhaps because it can't load vsti's... :?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Kristal v2 will be able to handle VSTi
Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio : Reason 10

Err yea..I cant really sit around waiting for v2 lol.

Fair enough. Looks to be an interesting development though :) For the future anyway...
Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio : Reason 10

I've heard that they're going to charge for the new version.

Originally posted by matthias
Hi all,

it's been a bit silent around KRISTAL since the last public release in June this year. The good news first: KRISTAL is alive and well and we are currently preparing the second strike ;-) Now the (not-that-)bad news: It will take some more months of heavy development to prepare a stable version for public release.

So, what's going on behind the scenes:

KRISTAL 1.0 was based on a very simple architecture I've started about five years ago. It has several structural weaknesses which limit what we could reach with the product on feature side. Therefore the decision was made to set up a completely new infrastructure for KRISTAL 2. And this is where we are today. Major parts of the engine are being rewritten, the application currently is a huge and complex construction site.

Features

It is far too early to make any commitments on the final feature set of KRISTAL 2. One of the bigger things we are preparing is MIDI and Virtual Instrument support. Additionally, we try to implement new usability concepts not yet seen in similar audio applications (sounds promising, ey ;-) ).

Cross-platform

KRISTAL 2 is planned as a cross-platform product for Windows and Mac OS X. Btw, the basic application already runs on Mac OS ;-) Most of the code is written in a platform-independent manner, but as always the devil's in the detail. We do not expect to release for both platforms simultaneously. The PC version will come first, because it's the main development platform and the Mac version is planned to follow later on.

Commercial or Freeware

As already mentioned earlier, KRISTAL 2 is likely to become a commercial product. We think this is the right way to go to be competitive in the long run. There are some companies interested in distributing the product, but so far nothing has been signed. Additionally, a fully-functional basic version will remain free for private use!

We'll keep you up-to-date at this place with any further progress made.
Stay tuned & have nice holidays!

Cheers,

Mattthias
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

heh ... i was JUST about to post that quote before your edit jens ... asking you why you hadnt done your usual thorough research ...

slainte :hihi: rob

:oops: phew - that was tight... :hihi:

VERY tight actually ... i was looking at your original post ... hit 'reply with quote' and when the quoted text came up it was your edited version ...

slainte :hihi: rob

:razz: :clown:

Apparition wrote:Is there a way to route the output of vsthost to Kristal Audio engine? And without latency?
Give me another month or two.

The next VSTHost version will have a Slave mode, where the corresponding Master comes in form of an Effect or VSTi plugin, whichever fits your purposes better.
"Until you spread your wings, you'll have no idea how far you can walk." Image

Kristal will run VSTi's already. Just load CTAF's Multifxvst, which is free, then you can load millions of VSTis.

Arakula, sounds nice. Brad, that only works for VST fx not VSTi.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”