Octopus World

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A diver start his journey into the aqautic waters, encountering glimmerings of colorful fish and coral , while proceding further into the deep. All of a sudden Octopus tentacles are all around him as he tries to break free. Fortunatly, the struggle is over and he is abandoned and makes for the surface again into the twilight of the sun.

Octopus World

http://www.wusik.com/song.php?id=1062

( Ok..not too good at stories, but you get the idea)

All done with the new ( and not out yet) LinPlug Octopus. No external effects. Recorded in eXt and Tracktion.
Last edited by tconrardy on Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

pretty darn good interpretation,
very nice, sparkling clean and expansive sounds,
must check that out, thanx

:-o Great track, Tim and extremely impressive sound palette from Octopus! Flawless production too IMHO :)
Mild-mannered web designer by day - tired web designer by night.

Loverly sounds TC - when can we try it?

Conrardy is such a synthwhore :roll:

Sorry Tim, just kidding, fabulous demo. :love: :lol: Sounds like it is awesome at metallic and glassy sounds, a la Absynth. :)
:: FL Studio v9.0.3 :: u-he Zebra2 v2.5 :: u-he MFM v2.0.2b5 :: u-he Uhbik v1.1 :: EnergyXT v1.4.1/v2.0.2 ::

wow...very cool.
great track, and great sounds! :cool:

-ugo

rbet wrote:Conrardy is such a synthwhore :roll:

Sorry Tim, just kidding, fabulous demo. :love: :lol: Sounds like it is awesome at metallic and glassy sounds, a la Absynth. :)
YOUR RIGHT!!!

I have 4 folders full of practacly every free vst and a good amount of commerical synths. Some I bought, some I earned by Sound design work. My Receptor is the same way :-)

Gargoyle wrote::-o Great track, Tim and extremely impressive sound palette from Octopus! Flawless production too IMHO :)
let say i (more than just) agree...really amazing demo, even more when thinking all sound are from the same synth !

:o :o :o

A very nice exposé of fm synthesis from the Octopus.
Well done.
I think I can assume much of what we hear in this are your own creations.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Nice sounds tim! Almost cameleon-like, some of them, with that FM depth and punchiness.

That pad at 53 seconds is worth the price alone!

<irony> Blimey, this is nearly as good as Cygnus :wink: </irony>

Very cool and nice sounding demo :D
I'm a Jugga Nut!

Hi
Nice interpratation and superb sounds
great leads, too

Cheers

annode wrote:A very nice exposé of fm synthesis from the Octopus.
Well done.
I think I can assume much of what we hear in this are your own creations.

hey Thanks, and yes...my own creations. It's actually a mixture of FM, additive and Samples with FM textures.

While the additive is not as complex as say a Cameleon, I basically created different types of partials for each oscillator , panned them differently and put them together, as well as different envelopes.

and that Pad at 32 is a sample!It's actually a split keyboard patch of thunder type atmo with the nice pad.The Bells before that is a patch I named " Prof Allen Strange" a tribute to my electronic music teacher. I think he would like the patch. Funny thing- he is known for his avant guard stuff, but he actually taught a class in country music at san jose state!! LOL!

But I found a new way of composing doing this piece.
I had Octopus set in eXT. Then simply opened up the audio recorder, and recorded lots of performances ( all in the same key and hopefully same timing) with different patches seperatly and saved as indevidual wave files.Then opened Tracktion and assembled/arranged EJAY style. Did not have to worry about CPU ( although the CPU on this thing is VERY GOOD)Then added "Final MIx" mackie plugin , and then rendered the whole thing.A good days work!

Return to “Music Cafe”