Stream Boy - Back on Stream!

RELATED
PRODUCTS

bduffy wrote:No, cos there's no way to bring audio into Reason...right?
In this case, not unless it supports VST plug-ins.

Space Boy wrote:
bduffy wrote:No, cos there's no way to bring audio into Reason...right?
In this case, not unless it supports VST plug-ins.
Right. Oh well, one can dream. :shrug:

Is there anyway to stream from an application that is not a vst host?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Say I was just trying Stream Boy in Sonar4 Producer and it seems to have lock up my transport, the sequence won't play. Anyone else having this issue? I hadn't reallyread through it yet just wondering if there is something secret about Sonar.

i use it in sonar three without a problem, but 4 may be different.

bought it as soon as i saw it, so useful.

cheers,

steve.

wwwill wrote:Say I was just trying Stream Boy in Sonar4 Producer and it seems to have lock up my transport, the sequence won't play. Anyone else having this issue? I hadn't reallyread through it yet just wondering if there is something secret about Sonar.
I've tested it extensively in Sonar 4 Producer edition. Never had the problem you report.

Check out your buffer size (SONAR - maybe increase it) and you can also adjust the buffer size that Stream Boy uses (i.e. reduce it, see the instructions).

P.S. You can try also adjusting your ASIO buffer size. Mine is set to 50 ms.

Note: The demo version blanks the audio output from time to time. When it locks up, does the CPU usage increase also?

electro wrote:Is there anyway to stream from an application that is not a vst host?
I guess not, but is it planned?

If Streamboy could stream from non VST applicatons into a VSThost, it could concievable become a much more popular application.

electro wrote:
electro wrote:Is there anyway to stream from an application that is not a vst host?
I guess not, but is it planned?

If Streamboy could stream from non VST applicatons into a VSThost, it could concievable become a much more popular application.
What makes you think it isn't popular? :)

Have you heard of Virtual Audio Cable?

http://www.ntonyx.com/vac.htm

This will do what you want.

P.S. I am delving into the topic of reading and writing to audio devices directly (from within Stream Boy). But I have another product in development at the moment. I want to finish that first. And then I have another one.....I'll see how it goes.

I completely forgot about Virtual Audio Cable, but we need something that can take any audio stream and stream it into a VST host. I was thinking to have the audio stream from a non VST host as the 1st plugin in Wavelab.

O.K. So you want the output audio stream from say, Harbal, to appear on the output audio stream of Wavelab. So you can use Wavelab as a VST rack.

Could you perhaps use VAC to route the output of Harbal to the input of VSTHost http://www.hermannseib.com/english/vsthost.htm and then, using Stream Boy in VST host, transfer the stream to Wavelab?

That might work.

SpaceBoy, could you please point to a real life scenario where Stream Boy would be usefull? Is it only used to access dedicated effects ( non VST ) in a Vst host?

Thanks.

A3ntar wrote:SpaceBoy, could you please point to a real life scenario where Stream Boy would be usefull? Is it only used to access dedicated effects ( non VST ) in a Vst host?

Thanks.
Have you checked the product page on my website?

Paul

Is the Stream Boy ompatible with any of the media players like Winamp or foobar?
Can I stream from a player to a VST host like the Console?

Thuneau wrote:Is the Stream Boy ompatible with any of the media players like Winamp or foobar?
Can I stream from a player to a VST host like the Console?
I have not tried this, but I expect that if you use a utility like

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/1946.html

with Winamp, and load Stream Boy as the VST plug-in, you will be able to stream audio to a VST host containing another instance of Stream Boy.

Should be easy enough to try.

Yep! Just tried it. Stream Boy works with the Winamp Bridge. Need to be sure that Winamp and your VST host of choice are working at the same sample rate.

Be sure to try the Stream Boy demo - see if it meets your requirements.

Finally picked this one up..

:D

You're not too far behind having your own Audio Editor, Paul..

You thinking BIG yet?

:party:
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

Return to “Elevayta”