ScanSynthGL Public Beta

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi,

I wanted to share one of my ongoing project on Scanned Synthesis, and get some feedback for future modifications an features.

here is the PC download
http://mdsp.smartelectronix.com/plugins/ScansynthGL.dll

DISCLAIMER:
this is not a proper release, it doesn't have presets and don't expect future versions to be backward compatible with this one.
Last edited by mdsp on Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

I had wondered what came of this project (and Greed).

Pretty cool. Changing the sound by clicking on the wave display is fun. It would be great if you could somehow trigger notes just through the interface. It's tricky having to hold down a note while moving the mouse around.

now that is fun both to play with and to watch it playing :D

WOWWWWWW!!!!! This is beautifully wild and untamed!!!! I put some chorus and reverb on it and it is awesome. Very full, vibrant, bright sound. Okay, and a rich sound, also. :D

I was unable to turn off the retrigger without completely turning off the note-on trigger. (silence results.)

Also, possible related to the above, If I were to play a chord, lift one finger and play another key while holding the other notes down, when I pressed the new key, all of the chord notes would begin again in the ADSR cycle as though they had been pressed again.

Also, I sometimes hear popping percussive noises on successive notes, after the first note. I was unable to tweak them out with the ADSR.

Feature request: I wish for a way to capture a preset of what the waveform is doing when holding the mouse down. And if you could capture the morphing ability, then WHEW!

Anyway, thanks for this one, MDSP. It has a sonic quality that I have heard only in various DX7 emulations - that raw edgy bite - great for live work. :D :D
RogerPerrin

I'm up to my old hat tricks again.

If this thing had midi learn for X/Y coordinates that would be colossal..
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

turns out very interesting :D ...let us automate our manipulations of the host - please :P ...thx

tro

this is amazinig, interesting and fun to play with :love: . nice features and rich sound. you can play and look at wave dispaly for hours without loosing energy.
rogerperrin wrote: I was unable to turn off the retrigger without completely turning off the note-on trigger. (silence results.)

Feature request: I wish for a way to capture a preset of what the waveform is doing when holding the mouse down. And if you could capture the morphing ability, then WHEW!

Anyway, thanks for this one, MDSP. It has a sonic quality that I have heard only in various DX7 emulations - that raw edgy bite - great for live work. :D :D
yes me too.

and It seems there's no difference between Gauss and Pulse hammers.

I tried in FL. Is the waveform display meant to be only in the top left quarter of the screen ???

yeah, this is cool,sounds great, stable and just looks fun as hell
Amazon: why not use an alternative

This thing rocks, I'll be keeping my eye on this one for sure.

i'd like to know more about what does length, clip acceleration and clip velocity...
also, instead of turning retrigger on and off i'd prefer continuous hammer strength.
fun, fun, fun :D

really interesting synth. i was having some trouble taming the non-gui version, but this makes it a bit easier. I really like some of the sounds that come out of it.
:)

Nice!!

now that is fun both to play with and to watch it playing
same here ;)
Make Your Voice Heard!!
EUROPEAN VAPERS PROTEST 29th 2.00PM.It saved my life.

The display is fantastic. It gives you a real feeling of being in control of the synth. Big thumbs up and a big thanks, I love experimental stuff like this. :)

Return to “Instruments”