EVE 2 comments, questions and status [obsolete thread] see wusik.com

Official support for: nusofting.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please use this for any question or comment or feature request about EVE 2, thanks.

Windows VSTi EVE 2 version history

EVE 2 is Vista 32 + 64 ready!

Posted: 19 Apr 2007 09:28 :

for those on Windows a new version of EVE 2 is ready,
please download EVE_2_4_Win_build.zip at login.dashsignature.com

- fixed compatibility with some PC systems
missing the MSVCR80.dll registration

- added [-] [+] buttons for quick presets scrolling,
the buttons are located on the "e" of eve logo,
just click there

EVE_2.00.10.zip is ready for download,
this is the 2.1. release canditate
for Windows. Please test it and report bugs if any, many thanks

EVE 2 it has of course the same ID of EVE 1.x,
so I've uploaded another DLL for EVE 2 with different ID,
please get it at login.dashsignature.com
in case you need it.

EVE_2_xxID.zip

2.00.05 release 3 Multi-Outs version for Windows added

2.00.05 release 3:
some pop-ups removed, optimization,
ECHO feedback range restored

2.00.01 release 3:
patch for wild ECHO feedback

2.00.00 release 3:
first pubblic release

You may check your EVE 2 version in the About box,
if you want to update it please enter
http://login.dashsignature.com/
with your Dash ticket for EVE 2,

thanks
Last edited by liqih on Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

liqih wrote:updated, please download again EVE_2_FULL.zip to get the 2.00.01 release 3, this should fix the too much Echo feedback issue,

please note the new bugs report thread also

thanks
Hey Liqih,

I think when you fixed the feedback, maybe you went a bit too far- now in the latest build I can't get it pushed to places I was going before- there is very little difference between 50% feedback and 75-80% feedback.

I'm wondering if the .dll has selective amnesia...? In FL6, it clearly comes up in the list of VSTis under its own name.

In ACID Pro 6, I have three EVEs (hmm, wasn't that a movie?) which can't be distinguished without opening them from the VST list...Could be an ACID bug, of course...

Manyguitar (which uses the DASHSignature engine) had a similar problem, which is being fixed.

/funxi
Every Potemkin village needs its idiot savant

pw wrote:
liqih wrote:updated, please download again EVE_2_FULL.zip to get the 2.00.01 release 3, this should fix the too much Echo feedback issue,

please note the new bugs report thread also

thanks
Hey Liqih,

I think when you fixed the feedback, maybe you went a bit too far- now in the latest build I can't get it pushed to places I was going before- there is very little difference between 50% feedback and 75-80% feedback.
thanks pw, it was too safe maybe

BTW you can rise the feedabck with Refections control as well

funkychickendance wrote:I'm wondering if the .dll has selective amnesia...? In FL6, it clearly comes up in the list of VSTis under its own name.

In ACID Pro 6, I have three EVEs (hmm, wasn't that a movie?) which can't be distinguished without opening them from the VST list...Could be an ACID bug, of course...

Manyguitar (which uses the DASHSignature engine) had a similar problem, which is being fixed.

/funxi
if you have EVE 2, EVE 1.8 and EVE Multiout
installed ACID may think it's the same plugin,

you may workaround keeping in the VSTPlugIns folder the one you use or try placing each one in a different folder

liqih wrote:
funkychickendance wrote:I'm wondering if the .dll has selective amnesia...? In FL6, it clearly comes up in the list of VSTis under its own name.

/funxi
if you have EVE 2, EVE 1.8 and EVE Multiout
installed ACID may think it's the same plugin,

you may workaround keeping in the VSTPlugIns folder the one you use or try placing each one in a different folder
Uh huh, you nailed it. Well, maybe I'll hafta park 1.8 and multi somewhere else. Can't see me using them much, anyway. Thanks.

/funxi
Every Potemkin village needs its idiot savant

I'm not totally clear based on the last post.
Will Eve replace 1.8, can we keep both?

I have a bunch of unfinished stuff and Eve and Eve One are in just about everything. I'm kind of hesitant to upgrade if it means I'll have to muck around with the Eve patch settings.

Based on the couple of E2 demos I tried it seemed to actually enhance the sounds. Still I'd like to hear from someone who's made the transition.

Thanks

Hi Luigi,

I want to share EVE data folder and Wusikstation Data Soundsets folder.

Please, how do I configure my system to do this?

mahtazz wrote:Hi Luigi,

Hi Mahtazz :),

I can answer this one (quoting from the manual):

'Please note that EVE 2 will load WusikSND SoundSets, but not presets for Wusikstation (FXP, FXB, BNK or WusikPRST) due to the different synthesis architecture. Also, WusikSND files will have to be installed in a subfolder of the 'EVE Data' folder to be read by EVE 2.'

The reason for this is cross platform compatability- no 'Wusikstation Data' folder in the MAC. So, any WusikSND files you want to use in EVE must be duplicated in the EVE Data folder.

pw wrote:

'Please note that EVE 2 will load WusikSND SoundSets, but not presets for Wusikstation (FXP, FXB, BNK or WusikPRST) due to the different synthesis architecture. Also, WusikSND files will have to be installed in a subfolder of the 'EVE Data' folder to be read by EVE 2.'

The reason for this is cross platform compatability- no 'Wusikstation Data' folder in the MAC. So, any WusikSND files you want to use in EVE must be duplicated in the EVE Data folder.
Thank you, Paul. :)

I'll duplicate Soundsets. :?

mahtazz wrote:
pw wrote:

Thank you, Paul. :)

I'll duplicate Soundsets. :?
yes, I'll see that duplicating soundSets may looks like a waste, but it's the safer way to compatibility, since the Wusik Station files may change location without our knowledge, <grin>

I miss nothing but a step sequenzer in EVE2 :oops:
Induljon a banzáj!

MRT wrote:I'm not totally clear based on the last post.
Will Eve replace 1.8, can we keep both?

I have a bunch of unfinished stuff and Eve and Eve One are in just about everything. I'm kind of hesitant to upgrade if it means I'll have to muck around with the Eve patch settings.

Based on the couple of E2 demos I tried it seemed to actually enhance the sounds. Still I'd like to hear from someone who's made the transition.

Thanks
if your VST host doesn't complain about sharing the plugin ID
you can keep both.

When you load a 1.8 patch in EVE 2 you may need to adjust these setting:

LFOs rate (set lower)
LP CutOff (set lower)
maybe FXs too

Loving EVE 2!

I have two questions so far:

- Is there a way to Save As and Rename Banks and Presets through the interface?
- Is there a way to import WAV's, or convert them to DASHsnd format?

Forgive me if these are basic questions, I'm very new to EVE!

jplanet wrote:Loving EVE 2!
- Is there a way to Save As and Rename Banks and Presets through the interface?
- Is there a way to import WAV's, or convert them to DASHsnd format?
about your second question, there is the manytone mapper (free if you own any manytone products, otherwise will be payware on its own soon, apparently) for doing wav to DASHSnd.

About your first question: the short answer is no, there is no direct way through the interface. If you want to just create fxp or fxb, you need to use your host's capabilties for this. If you want to create an EVE bnk file, this is how to do it (from the manual)-

"If you want to create your own presets in the internal '.bnk' format, first save them using the standard VST '.fxb' format. Then, load this bank in EVE 2 and save it as the 'User-Default' bank. Now, in the location of your 'EVE_2_FULL.dll there is also an EVE_2_FULL.bnk file. Rename this as you wish and move it to your 'EVE Banks' folder which is located in your 'EVE Data' folder. That's it!"

Return to “NUSofting”