Modismaster ::: fractal MIDI fx

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

as many of you liked my little Kaotica (filter modulated with fractal LFO) and asked for a MIDI out version, here it is, made with SynthMaker so far and tested in energyXT,

if may become a serious project, depending on your feedback, <grin>

http://www.dashsignature.com/SM/Modismaster_VSTi.rar
it loads as VST instrument but it only outputs MIDI CC events

UPDATED
Last edited by liqih on Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Looks good!
Thanks

looks like fun, i'll give this a go in the morning.

cheers.

Thanks for this liqih. I imagine this will go down well given the amount of times I've heard people asking for random CC generators.

I love kaotica by the way, and often use it lightly to add a bit more detail to pads.

I think the 'slow' controller should be able to go at least twice as slow as it's current max value. Other than that, pretty slick, cheers!
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

One more critique:

You should consider placing two controllers that designate how far from center the waveform travels, ie, minimum and maximum range limits. Right now, you can open up eXT's CC map and hand assign these values, but they're not capable of being controlled by midi, so the functionality is limited.

Sickle's comments are spot on, the range setting is needed, but also, if it wouldn't be much harder to code (and I don't think it would be if you're implementing range features [which must be done] already), a bandpass range selector. I.e, outputs random values within 0-20 and 60-80, or 10-15, 40-60, and 100-120. Would be pretty interesting and unique, a bunch of interesting stuff you could do with automating this. It would be be controllable by CC itself, so you could draw in automation envelopes (or tweak it by hand) and do rhythmic stuff by shifting the number of bands and the ranges, presumably syncopated to a beat. If this feature could be implemented, I think outputting pitch bend and mod wheel values also would be useful for this type of band-range rhymic variation. Some unique stuff you could get, and you could be playing the synth at the same time, and also tweaking parameters manually for whatever it would be controlling.

That said, even without the range, this is a swell plugin and I shall have some fun with it :)

thanks for the feedback, please get it again and let's see if I got what you meant

liqih, I for one love kaotica and use it non-lightly!
Hmm that makes me wonder if the plug-in I consider it's cousin, kriptonia, has been updated since '04.

I'll try this out right now. I love midi-CC VSTs.

It seems to work pretty well on my system (is it just me or are these SM plugins rather stable even at beta?), and I can't really think of anything more to suggest other thatn what's already been submitted, but anything's welcome here :D and thank you!

oooooooooooh. :love:
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

:D :D :D

thanx, liqih, i will try it out.
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

That'll do, liqih, that'll do..

:D

Um.... I love this thing! GAH@@$@!@#

Hmmm, how should I use this plug, is there some kind of UG?

I tried it as a insert VST effect in Cubase SX, but all it does is to draw. :P

Must I use the CC???

It does not show up as a VSTi!

Cheers
Bob
Cheers Bob
Back for plug development in Sonic Birth.

Return to “Effects”