FreeAmp2 beta testing started

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok here it is 8) Please let me know how it runs? there is a manual in the works (thanks asseca) to help explain everything, should have done the beggining of next week?

I did a few real quick synth presets, I mean real quick :hihi: But they should be enough to get you started? will explain in full detail in the manual.

Download: http://frettedsynth.asseca.com/download ... 2beta2.zip

Have some big fun and let me know how it sounds\runs on your setup.

Fretted Synth

PS thanks grymmjack again! the GUI is outstanding :D

WOOHOO! First response! Thanks so much!

Brent
My host is better than your host

Yay!!! Quick download; we haven't crunched your server yet....Planning to whack it a bit this weekend!

Thanks, FS!!!!

Well, it didn't crash Tracktion 2 so far. I haven't done much, but it loaded and seems to do what it's supposed to do. I'll test it more when I get back from the store.

Is the synth triggered by guitar sounds? I just want to make sure I'm doing it right, cause this thing is WICKED!

Brent
My host is better than your host

marvelous!

not gonna test it now, but when I get home!

Is the synth triggered by guitar sounds? I just want to make sure I'm doing it right, cause this thing is WICKED!
Yes, the "Speaker CAB"/"Post compressor" output" is sent to Guitsyn, and used as synth trigger AND OSCILLATOR source ...

the easiest way to get sound out of this synth:
Click on "Synth Setup"
Set "AMPLIFIER" > "SUS" to maximum
Set "FILTER 1" > "HP" to minimum and "LP" to maximum
Vary "CUT" frequency ...

koolkeys wrote: Is the synth triggered by guitar sounds? I just want to make sure I'm doing it right, cause this thing is WICKED!

Brent
It really is not a synth in the respect that it does not use a traditional oscillator, but instead uses the amp-ed guitar tone as the oscillator! The action of you hitting the string triggers the Amp, Filter envelope and modulation! setup is done using the "gate and decay" knobs in the synth panel.

Quick manual of the gate and decay! turn the "gate" up if the sustain is not long enough, turn the "gate" down if you are having problems with sucessive (fast) picking retriggering the gate.
The "decay" is the time to re-trigger it is quite usefull if you want fast picking, turn the "decay" knob down, for more sustain turn the "decay" up.
Will explain more in the manual, but it really should be looked at as a real time control where you can use a MIDI CC pedal to switch from fast response to long sustain all in real time :D

Fretted Synth

FREEDOM! STICK YOUR DONGLE UP YOUR ARSE IK/WAVES!

:hail: to joe and asseca!
:hail: to freedom of choice!
:hail: to solidarity among musicians!

:party:

here are the presets that went with my demos before - i've converted them ...

http://www.funklabs.org/share/gj-fa2_001.zip

the crappy MP3's from the other thread using these presets:
old thread wrote: a crappy mp3 (5mB) of me screwing with some heavy stuff (slayer/metallica).

because there is no way you should NOT use simulanalog. but i've managed to get this sound out of freeamp alone.

amp: natural
cab: hives green
back: open
pedals: precomp | postcomp | overdrive | chorus | delay | reverb

cpu use according to cantabile: about 15%

for the rhythm in the demo i disabled delay/reverb...

for the record; i could not get this sound out of amplitube. this is incredible plugin -- it's a total gift for free, no shit. i think it's got plenty of usage outside of just guitar too, i haven't even scratched the surface of this thing...

oh playing through a PRS CE-22 (not custom) on the bridge pickup (they are stock dragon pickups) into an m-audio omni i/o breakout box with the build in pre-amps and freeamp is doing everything else.

i dunno if he did something new, but i wasn't able to coax this kind of thing out of the old version. the reverb is very huge for lead purposes.

i love the pedals on this thing. tips: for presets, we should design presets to be most versatile using all the pedals as we can, and then when setup, simple flag them off, and then save your preset with the favorite pedal configuration. that way we can quickly just add flange, verb, delay, whatever. :)

i saved this preset. it's a good lead sound for me, i like it.
old thread wrote: i've designed another halfway decent heavy patch. here i'll make another mp3 for yas. so far high gain is just my style on this bugger!

amp: natural
cab: hives green
back: open
pedals: precomp | postcomp | overdrive | chorus | delay (used to widen the stereo field - not for repeats/echoes)

same cpu use ;)

listen if you want (1.8mb)
:band: :band2:

:hug: ;)

sorry i'm speechless!!

Looks :love: & sounds even better

thanky you!!!!!!

Subz

Thank You!
It's amazeing!
Cheers

...and there as much rejoicing

This last hour of work is going to be the longest hour of my life. Pray I don't wreck getting home to try this mofo out.

ps: That is one seriously bad ass GUI. Why this thing is free is waaaaaay beyond my comprehension. Thanks.

Whoah!!! That GUI is gorgeous!!!

well done guys, this is excellent news for the whole community.

:party:

:hihi: I think it is out in time to save that cat and dog of the last thread from death :hihi:

Please tell me so ?? I sure dig my cat "Buttons"

Thanks all
Fretted Synth

Return to “Effects”