Free 10-band parametric EQ from ddmf

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everybody,

complementary to the LP10, which is a linear phase EQ for mixdown/mastering purposes, the IIEQ is a minimum-phase 10 band parametric EQ for VST under Windows. The goal was to design a track EQ that can be used in many instances while offering more control than the usual EQs that come with DAWs. It is available for free at http://www.ddmf.eu. Any feedback is, of course, much appreciated :D !

Enjoy (hopefully), docdued

Good work, thanks for this!

I have a few requests though:

- Linear knob movement please! I hate circular ones..
- Ability to type in Freq, Gain & Q values directly.
- Individual bypass for each band.

Also I spotted a typo on your web page: I think the line "plus 8 shelving bands with variable gain, center frequency and Q" should read "plus 8 peaking bands with variable gain, center frequency and Q"

:)

Also, the level meter scale seems a little arbitrary: a 0dBFS test tone reads as if there is still lots of headroom..

I like what I hear though, and I really like the fact that there is no poncy graphic curve display; it forces you to use your ears!

Thanks for your suggestions! I will try to implement them asap. Concerning the level meter: I have constructed it such that 0 dB corresponds to 75 percent on the scale; thus in principle everything works as expected. I should draw a line or something at 75 percent to make it more clear that this is the 0 dB limit though.

I have some addiction, I download almost all DLL's, even if I'm sure I don't need them...

Anyways, I have no need for your EQ, so perhaphs you can just forget my remarks; in Logic for PC (old software, so not a big problem for you) the EQ pumps on the attack of incoming audio, like a compressor, or some-one speaking too loud in the mic.
It's a cool effect, but perhaps not intentionally created?
Bug or feauture?
Who knows :)

No keeper for me though, but that's more because I have recently thrown away hundreds of DLL's / VST's to finally start making music instead of downloading all this free plugins...
-- Regards MrM --

Thanks for this! Will give it a shot, as well as demo your commercial plug.

Peace 8)
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

MrM wrote:... in Logic for PC (old software, so not a big problem for you) the EQ pumps on the attack of incoming audio, like a compressor, or some-one speaking too loud in the mic.
It's a cool effect, but perhaps not intentionally created?
Bug or feauture?
That's not intended :( . I really have no idea at the moment how this can happen, and with Logic for PC no longer available it's gonna be difficult to find out...

Well, I was looking for a decent free EQ recently ... :D

:o :shock: WOW - finally an eq-plugin that does what it should - it works like hardware - dunno how to explain it - it just sounds really really good... :love:

Thank you so much! :hail:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

IIRs wrote:
I have a few requests though:

- Linear knob movement please! I hate circular ones..
- Ability to type in Freq, Gain & Q values directly.
- Individual bypass for each band.
Request 1 and 3 are now implemented...

Quick work, thanks! I'll have a play with the new one now.. :D

Very nice EQ :D

Fots

Seems a little buggy in Cubase SX3, and similar in Wavelab. Sometimes the knobs stop making changes to the sound, i.e. they move but the sound is not affected. Also I get some pops when inserting the plugin.

Finally, the frequency values stated do not seem accurate, the 16 khz cut / boost seems to actually be at 20 khz ... am I incorrect ? I can reproduce the sound of the GEQ for the most part, but the frequency values do not agree :)

Fots

is this synthedit? or c++? or something else? :) anyway. sounds superb! and my cpu love it! and it's free ;P Thanks alot man!

Really nice EQ, but got the same bug here that soundpalace wrote about - sometimes knobs stop making changes to the sound :(

Return to “Effects”