The bar for idiocy's been raised...

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

From the KORE forum this morning...

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/forum_u ... hp?t=37820

:roll:

(Marius inserted his reply after I'd locked the thread...)

ew
A spectral heretic...

man, you whooped some arse on that one :hihi:
check my profile for contact info.
msn messenger is my email as well.

Um... was it ever proven that he was using cracked copies of NI software? I mean, some people sure are f**king thick Ew.. some people don't even know how to burn a cd-rom.. yes!!! even in this day and age.

Point being, maybe you're labelling him too quick.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

even so, he still whooooooped some arse! :)
check my profile for contact info.
msn messenger is my email as well.

Amberience wrote:Um... was it ever proven that he was using cracked copies of NI software?
I think this is the pertinent bit:
Marius wrote:The products are installed with serials numbers which were never delivered by NI.
From this I gather that NI keep track of all serials they put out, and the ones Sinmad was using weren't valid. If I'm wrong, ew, please correct me on this.

Amberience wrote:Um... was it ever proven that he was using cracked copies of NI software? I mean, some people sure are f**king thick Ew.. some people don't even know how to burn a cd-rom.. yes!!! even in this day and age.

Point being, maybe you're labelling him too quick.
Did you read Marius's reply, Andrew?

The Service Center (which you use to activate KORE) scans for NI plugins so it can provide updates as needed. Invalid serial numbers came up...

This is a guy who claimed he's had some NI plugs for four years, but he was complaining about the issues he was having setting up a user account after he got KORE...

So no, I don't think I am...

ew
A spectral heretic...

Oh right, I get it. Kore scans your installed plugins. I thought it was just suspected by Marius when he said that, but if the technicalities of Kore mean that it scans your plugins to verify them, then I guess he is using them.

That being said, if he did uninstall the plugins in question... then his Kore would work wouldn't it??
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

I wish i could register my NI Session i got with CM...i forgot what email addy i registered it with intially and that's locked me out altogether :cry:

Amberience wrote:Oh right, I get it. Kore scans your installed plugins. I thought it was just suspected by Marius when he said that, but if the technicalities of Kore mean that it scans your plugins to verify them, then I guess he is using them.

That being said, if he did uninstall the plugins in question... then his Kore would work wouldn't it??
KORE doesn't scan them for validity; the Service Center (which you use to activate KORE) does.

Read the first post and Marius' post again. If he uninstalled the plugs in question, he could activate KORE. However, he doesn't feel NI has the right to tell him to uninstall cracks of their software... :roll:

ew
Last edited by ew on Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A spectral heretic...

The new Service centre sends NI all your installed serials when you send in a request for activation so if you have any cracked versions I suspect they would show up too. I suspected that might be the case when he said he was trying to activate KORE from a PC that he wasn't actually running KORE on - when I pointed out how to activate from a non internet connected PC I wondered if he might run into exactly this problem but I thought no-one can be that stupid surely? :) Naughty me :)

ew wrote:From the KORE forum this morning...

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/forum_u ... hp?t=37820

:roll:

(Marius inserted his reply after I'd locked the thread...)

ew
interesting...
yeah, the guy is definitely not cool to use cracked stuff, if that's what he's doing.
but, i'd not go on another forum and call him an idiot. he's concerned about ni's ability to monitor his computer. to check him out is, sort of, an invasion of privacy. i think about this issue quite alot from both perspectives and i do find the guilty until proven innocent copy protection most big companies use fundimentally wrong. filesharing at a mass level and pirated software pose a major problem for companies, true. but i think an even larger problem is setting a precident to monitor people and their personal computers. this is scary stuff and we've only just begun. i think educating people about supporting developers and development in an honest way and giving incentives to buy like tutorial dvds, sample discs, t-shirts, club memberships...anything...this is the best copy protection option. for years people could make cassette copies of albums, but EVERYONE knew it wasn't as good as the real thing on a sonic level as well as a packaging and social engagement level...
Last edited by fanfarecircuit on Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

just for the record, NI has been one of the most gracious companies for an admittedly thick in the head SW user, they've helped me a few times a few times because I WASN'T STEALING SHIT FROM THEM AND HAD THE CORRECT INFO....that asshole desevres to not have his new hardware supported, NI has every right to tell the person to return it to the point of purchase and flag his name....

As a side note, even though I no longer have Absynth 3 registered to me in anyway shape or form... I can still download updates of Absynth 3 and access the user library.

Strange huh?

i think love is the best copy protection we got. 8)

i'm inspired to write a tune...

fanfarecircuit wrote: yeah, the guy is definitely not cool to use cracked stuff, if that's what he's doing.
Its provably what he's doing.

but, i'd not go on another forum and call him an idiot.
I would.
he's concerned about ni's ability to monitor his computer.
Nope; he's complaining about being asked to remove his pirated software. And his computer isnt being 'monitored', it was scanned by one NI application for other NI applications, so it could update them.
to check him out is, sort of, an invasion of privacy.
No, not at at all. His 'privacy' was not affected in any way.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”