Track to track

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, guys

I have yet asked on this forum a question about rendering a track audio (many clips) on another track (only a clip).
But without answer comprehensibly for me (bad english language).

Some softs do that. And Tracktion ?

Daniel
Thank's

Are you wanting to take the output of one track and use it as the input of another track so you can record it?

In that case, not at this time, but it's been requested. I'll pass it on if it hasn't.

Brent
My host is better than your host

Select one or more tracks and press the "render track" button... is that what you are looking for?

Are you wanting to take the output of one track and use it as the input of another track so you can record it?
Yes.
Select one or more tracks and press the "render track" button... is that what you are looking for?
Yes, but thereafter, I must import the wav on a track and place it.
It's not an automatic function...

Daniel

daniel- wrote:
Yes, but thereafter, I must import the wav on a track and place it.
Only if you use the "Export" function. That's not what I said though...
daniel- wrote: It's not an automatic function...
It is if you use the "render track" button that appears in the properties panel when one or more tracks are selected. ;)

Quote:

Yes.
I do this quite often with my rme fireface. There is an option in the rme's "totalmix" mixer software to route the audio of an output to an input.

I don't know what recording interface you have, but I know some of them allow you to do this.

If your soundcard's software allows you to rout in this manner, all you have to do is:

1. Set the output for the track.
2. In your soundcard software set that output to go to an input pair.
3. In traction "arm" the appropriate input.
4. Hit record.

(make sure you set the "time adjust" to compansate for latency)

If your sound card does not have this function, than you can still do the same with cables (for example outputs 2,3 are connected to inputs 1,2, by cables - arm inputs 1,2 and hit record.)

you cant select the track(s) output and rout them to another track. kinda like bussing.

I assume you mean "can" rather than "cant". ;)

The only thing is that you cannot then just "record" that signal. Unless you use TapeIt or something similar. I personally have never needed anything beyond render or export, but that's just me.

Greg

I find that I would like to have this feature somehow in Tracktion; usually to capture 'live' twiddling of plugins while performing along with T, or to capture some magical randomness from audio manipulation plugins like dblue's Glitch or supatrigga.

I've trapped content with TapeIt before, but it is rather cumbersome.

An alternative to TapeIt has recently arrived here at KVR. Benedict Roff-Marsh has released a buffered recorder that sits around always recording audio streams. If you find that you've just had a magical music moment, the buffer is holding the performance for your use.

http://benedict.presetbank.net/PRollRec.html

This is probably a plugin I'm going to pick up. It still would require importing back into Tracktion of the buffered .wav file.

I would like to route the end of a signal chain of a track as the input to another track.

-Scott

Return to “Tracktion”