KVR Music Tracker

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've just created a simple music tracker page that monitors the Music Cafe forum for new music. It generates a list of the latest releases for individual listening, links to the original topic and of course sticks it all in a play-list so you can listen to what's new while you hang out here!

It's very simple and I don't plan to change it too much at the moment but of course any suggestions in this topic may get implemented when time allows.

http://www.kvraudio.com/music.php

If you bookmark http://www.kvraudio.com/music/kvr_music.pls you'll always have the latest play-list.
Last edited by Ben [KVR] on Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Great idea, Ben. Very nice.

that's cool, nice one Ben :)

Way cool! Gotta love that "listen to 'em all" button!

hey big Benny, can we have the time, please?

Nice one, Thanks Ben!

Cheers,
Gordon

Wow, that's cool 8)

Thanks!!!
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

The playlist is very handy. :D

Thanks, Ben.
Mizutaphile.

Brilliant -- I've been hoping for something like this.

I've fixed the date so that it uses a logged in member's time zone and added the time. I've also added a comment (reply) count.

Thanks, Ben.

:)

Hey, sweet! That's a great idea; makes listening so much easier . . . now I can get back to programming reports an not have to keep clicking through a web site that I'm <<ahem>> probably not supposed to be on anyway while at work :D

Great idea, I've found so much music I've liked here on KvR but I always have the feeling if I miss one day of logging on I miss all kinds of tunes. Now I don't have an excuse.
"Music is a hidden arithmetic exercise of the soul, which doesn't know that it is counting." - Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz
---
e to the i pi plus one equals zero

Awesome, but how does it find the new tracks? Does there have to be specific formatting for a thread for it to "see" it, or does it just find links in posts?

It periodically searches the first post in topics in the Music Cafe forum for any direct links to *.mp3 or *.ogg files. It doesn't look in any other forums, or any replies, and it ignores any other links, so myspace, soundclick, etc. links are ignored.

Return to “Music Cafe”