Delphi ASIO & VST sourceforge project

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone,

just want to let you know, that I've created a sourceforge project of my Delphi ASIO & VST framework. There has been a lot of help of various persons throughout the years. With this step I hope we can work closer together now.

Here's the link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/delphiasiovst/

The project is very basic right now, but everything is included. Here's what you can expect:
  • * ASIO Host component
    * VST Host component
    * VST Plugin Wizard
    * Several Examples (Sine Generator, Effect Plugins)
    * various DSP algorithms
Right now it compiles in Delphi 5-10 (aka Delphi 2006). Additionally most of it compiles in Lazarus as well (not everything works within this open-source environment due to bugs of the compiler and the IDE)

I'd like to add more, but I would appreciate it if I'm not the only developer. So please take part in this project to make it more complete.

Right now it's very stable and has been used though all my products. Anyway there are several things which need improvements (adding some more examples, documentation and resources). Also I'd like to make it completely lazarus comatible to be able to compile platform independent.

Cheers,

Christian

That's fab Christian. As and when I make any worthwhile changes, I'll upload them :)

DSP

A great initiative, CB !!! Thanks - I will try to contribute, too :-)

I'm not yet sure if I add some graphical controls, but I already have some nice other surprises on my hard disk. Also I will make my old plugins open source as well (as examples)

Christian

Cool! I really ought to dig up my multihost app I was fooling around with based on these VST components.
Pete Goodwin

I'll upload the latest version tonight. With this version you can easily compile your VST plugin as native WinAmp Plugin. Stay tuned,

Christian

P.S.: If you plan to donate some work, please register as developer for the project, so that we can easily stay in touch.

Yihaa!
Seems the time has finally come for me to dig up those old Delphi sources of mine and see what I can add to the project. Expect some neat additions in the next weeks :-)

Cheers

Toby

www.tobybear.de

I remember you saying you had like 60Mb worth! It'll be good if some of those see the light of day :)

DSP

Ok, just want to let you know, that I've configured SVN. I will now upload some more stuff. Yet it will only be available within the SVN.

Let me know if you want write access,

Christian

Just added another example: 'Graphic EQ', a simple stereo graphic EQ.
It should compile as VST & Winamp plugin directly out of the box.

Christian

P.S.: Only available through SVN and still buggy.

cool
any idea if this stuff will work in kylix? i'm running version3 in linux.

Hi Toby,
you wrote, MiniHostCore are in the ZIP file.
Sorry, I cannot find it. :(

with best regards
Norbert

It supposed to be in the 'examples' folder. But I'm not sure if it's already in the zip. Try browsing the SVN, you should find it there.

Christian

Hi Christian,
thanks for support.
MiniHost is not in the folder example.
I have download step by step with browsing the SVN.
I can compilate this tool, when I use the
old VST files:
ASIOList.pas
DAEffect.pas
DAEffectX.pas
DAudioEffect.pas
DAudioEffectX.pas
DDspUtils.pas
DVstUtils.pas
MIDI.pas
MIDIFile.pas
WaveIOX.pas

But I cannot start it.
There is allways an unknown exception.

Is this tool compatible with the new ASIO and VST version ??????

with best regards
Norbert

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”