CypherOne - Sens

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I wrote this this afternoon:

Sens

Only a quick noodle, I doubt it'll get revisited...

Bit darker than my usual maybe...oh and I forgot to add any music (it's mainly percussive)

It's only 2 and a 1/2 mins or so, really grateful to anyone that can be arsed to comment :)

Very nice! This is the type of drums/percussion that I wish I could do. I feel pretty strong with everything else (bass, guitar, leads, pads, etc) - it's percussion like this that I wish I could put into my own music - and fits my intended style very well. Hmm... maybe a future collab?

Oh, and if you don't mind me asking, what kind of tools/techniques did you use for this?

Awesome beats man! That opening one is just so tasty... I can smell flesh boiling in great cauldrons. For some reason it gave me a real Music For Bodylockers feel when the main beat drops.
Image Image

and again,awesome beats,really get the feeling of very tight skin being pounded.The other 'alarm' parts fit really well,urgent,adrenaline

polyslax wrote:it gave me a real Music For Bodylockers feel when the main beat drops.
oh yes love that track 8)
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

You are pretty convinced it was an inside job then ;)

Cool beats and sets the mood when backed up with the voice.

I like it, if that's the right thing to say for this Cypher :)

Best regards,

Peter

I like it too, though I'm uncomfortable listening to the speech sample, being reminded of such a horrendous day and I can't help feeling a music track slightly trivialises the suffering caused by the events of that day - though I expect it was well-meaning

thanks chaps. :)

@ jbravo - fair comment, maybe I should have posted a warning that it may cause some offence. Although I used it to add to the tension of the track rather than in any specific 'provocative' context. Interesting response from you though - yet it's okay for Hollywood to make a movie out of it? Not getting at you, and ironically I find a Hollywood movie quite offensive.

So, yeah, sorry if it offends anyone, that was not my intention :)

Anyway, thanks for listening :)

@ MikeLeuz - the very first rhythm is from Newscool in Reaktor, the rest is programmed by me using one shots in DR-008 :wink:

Certainly didn't expect sth like this from you :o :lol:
Nice, dark feel to it.
One thing I would do is run a slowly sweeping filter over the bongo sound - it needs some movement.
Maybe swap the 9/11 sample in favour for somthing our of a horror/zombie flick, too :)

Otherwise, this was an unexpected treat... :D :love:

cheers Ian.

I've just spent the last hour trying to find a suitable alternative sample and I found something that sort of works but I can't seem to get it to render properly...

Anyway, this was only a chance to while away a couple of hours yesterday so I think I'm gonna leave it as is (for better or worse)

thanks for listening :)

Stuff anyone who gets offended over voice samples I think. If there's a problem with this, then there'd be problems with god knows how much music, movies, art and everything else out there. Expression is about just that; expression. Are we meant to ignore the outside world? Are we meant to only sample unreal things (not that one can do that anyway)?

I think the voice sample is fine, and I say keep it. It's your music, of course! :oops:

Bit plain, since it's just a beat, but it's nice and short for that too... I like it. I'm adding this to my playlist too, if you don't mind (not that you can stop me!). ;)

very cool

Cool. 8) Great build. Enjoyed the tension of the track. Was kinda expecting a crescendo of sorts leading up to the end of the sample, followed by a wall of beats before the track died down again.
Gonna keep this looping for a while yet :D Cheers!
toujours humectez la mouture. toujours.

no probs Cypher, just giving my honest reaction. You know I love your stuff anyway :wink:

head nodding track, tight drums with a hint of bit reduction?

nice work...

and you cant offend everyone all the time, dont worry bout it.

Return to “Music Cafe”