new dx/dxi/mfx wrappers

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

I decided to release these wrappers to public now, as freeware. Perhaps they are of use for someone :).

http://xlutop.com/buzz/zip/dxshell_v1.0.5b.zip

last updated on 21-Jan-2020
-bugfix program changes did not get thru to the plugin

There are basically three vst plugins, dxshell.dll, dxishell.dll and mfxshell.dll, these vsts are non-standard vsts, they are so-called shell vsts like the vsts known from Waves. Unfortunately this means that only a few hosts are able to use these wrappers directly. Some hosts that are supporting shell vsts directly:

Cubase SX,
Tracktion,
Reaper,
Temper,
Renoise,
Buzz,
Aodix,
Vsthost

If you want to use them in other hosts you firstly have to convert them to "standard" vsts with a tool called shell2vst which is also bundled with this zipfile.

Some infos about these wrappers:

- vst 2.4 compatibility
- therefore support for 32bit and 64bit processing
- able to run dx plugins in 64bit processing mode if the plugin supports it
- fully automatable parameters
- multi-in/out plugins supported
- the mfx wrapper is quite experimental right now, some mfx plugins will work but others not
Last edited by polac on Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:18 am, edited 5 times in total.

Just gave the dx and dxi shells a go in Energy XT 1.4.1 With no problems.
Very nice, Thank You!

Thanks

Wow, excellent. Thanks very much, the mfx shell will be very handy.

Was there a page for these plugs?

L

this is a great idea for the anwida plugins, will check it out, thanks so much!

Let me get this straight:
The mfxshell.dll, will allow me to use some MFX in Cubase SX3? and maybe even energyXT? :love:

My studio is not presently functional to test this. :cry:

The DX wrappers are fine but I already had ways around this but surely these wrappers will be a great convenience.

The MFX to VST wrapper has been requested for years now so I expect it to be very popular with the Midi Folks.

Thanks polac. :D How could you do what everybody else said it could not be done?

Is there a list of which MFX work and which ones do not?

:-o :shock: mfxshell.dll wrapper :-o :shock: This is going to draw some serious attention.. I'm going to superbump this one in the morning and see what happens..
So how do I output the MIDI from my MFX in my DAW internally. please please please tell me I don't have to go to an external driver as this would cause stuttering, dropouts and many out of sync events in my case.. Very excited about this part for sure!

L

can't wait to try it, thanx.

Did not want to clog this thread so I moved my MFX findings HERE
Last edited by Lagrange on Mon May 07, 2007 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by Lagrange on Mon May 07, 2007 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lagrange wrote:Just wondering if anyone else has tryed the MFX wrapper and had any success. If yes, in what host (other than the ones listed plz)...
I've successfully gotten MFX plugins to show up in both Bidule and eXT. I have, as yet, not figured out a way to get them to work at all.

In Sonar, MFX are run as off-line processes, aren't they (I only ever used them back in the old Cakewalk days, so I don't know how they work now)? Perhaps that's the problem I've run into, in that I've only tried to use them as live MIDI filters/generators, which hasn't seemed to work as yet.
Lagrange wrote:Another question, why is this thread not in effects? hmm
Wrappers are considered hosts.

shamann wrote:
In Sonar, MFX are run as off-line processes, aren't they (I only ever used them back in the old Cakewalk days, so I don't know how they work now)? Perhaps that's the problem I've run into, in that I've only tried to use them as live MIDI filters/generators, which hasn't seemed to work as yet.
Nope. They can be used offline, or work in realtime.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Hmmm. Wonder what the trick is to get them to work within the wrapper, then?

So with this I could use my old direct-X plugs in Cubase 4?.

If so, Rock on! :D

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”