Reaper is not an ugly duckling anymore !

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

IMHO it actually still is, but this kind of stuff is rather subjective, isn't it? ^^
void main(dumb)

Definately one of the nicest attempts so far. But still a case of "nice face, shame about the rest". There's so many things GUI-wise screaming for attention that it looks awfully busy and distracting. Definately some good quality design skill in there, but sadly it's lost in an incredibly crushed interface. just imho. :|

It looks a little less ugly, but ugly nonetheless. I'd say the prettiest looking reaper GUI was done by whitetie (not released yet).

Looks really nice to my eyes.

sQeetz wrote:IMHO it actually still is, but this kind of stuff is rather subjective, isn't it? ^^
Yeah, I find it uglier than before, but to each their own.

[edit] just had a look at the Cockos forum, I'm glad to see advanced theming put in. And I like the Coffee & Cream 2 skin much better than the one posted above.
Last edited by shamann on Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not bad, not bad, 6/10. :)

But let me ask a stupid question. :clown: If the REAPER developer is as rich he could 'buy out Steinberg from Yamaha' why not hire a good (or the best!) graphic designer studio (e.g. BitPlant) to make the most slickest überGUI what a Host can have? :shrug: This is still in the the mediocre range IMHO. :oops:

fandango wrote:Definately one of the nicest attempts so far. But still a case of "nice face, shame about the rest". There's so many things GUI-wise screaming for attention that it looks awfully busy and distracting. Definately some good quality design skill in there, but sadly it's lost in an incredibly crushed interface. just imho. :|
+1. exactly my thoughts.

neilpullen wrote:Looks really nice to my eyes.
+1 :tu:
keyman_sam wrote:It looks a little less ugly, but ugly nonetheless.
Come on people - it is just an example - think about all the new possibilities ! :roll:
keyman_sam wrote:I'd say the prettiest looking reaper GUI was done by whitetie (not released yet).
A little bit too pretty IMHO. :hihi:

Tastes ! Haha !
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

double post
Last edited by Mutant on Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

triple post !!! :shock:
Last edited by Mutant on Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

I like it - well done

I particularly like the square button icons. One of the best icon sets - definitely

Going to d/l and install

thanx = kev
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

I have not seen the extent of the new skinning capabilities, but I hope the long-term plan is to make the layout fairly open to the complete rearrangement of layout and controls. I find some of the control areas, like the mixer, a bit jumbled together.

Hmm.. since when did "pretty graphics"/skinning = GUI? GUI = graphical user interface. I thought the UI part included such things as, layout, control, behavior to mouse/keyboard input etc.

I think those screens are way too busy and distracting. Kind of reminds me of why I don't like the GUI of Sonar at all.

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: I think those screens are way too busy and distracting. Kind of reminds me of why I don't like the GUI of Sonar at all.

Cheers!
bManic
Then choose one like this:

There are so many possibilities now...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”