Update 1.2.1: Rescue, now includes Rescue Anniversary Edtion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

howdy folks,

EDIT/UPDATE 09/17/08:

in summer 2007 I've started my first developments for the "bootsy" VST Plug-Ins series and in autumn that year there was my very first Plug-In release called "Rescue" and therefore all the hassle you can read here in this thread (but which calm down to the end) ;)

To celebrate this, the update 1.2 is now available and contains the "black face" anniversary editon of this plugin.

Rescue in general features decent gain and transient mechanics applied straight forward to m/s encoding. Some decent non-linear signal couloration is given as well.

Due to the 1.2 release this package now introduces the additional 'RescueAE'
Plug-In. That new Plug-In features a slightly different signal path, some internal rework, 4x Oversampling and a brand new output limiter circuit.

Requirements:
PC only, VST compatible host und SSE compatible CPU.
Basic m/s understanding.

Update 1.2.1 is available:
>>> to download click here <<<

This update is "safe" - the regular Rescue Plug-In ain't touched at all and can be used in parallel to the RescueAE one.

Many, many thanks to all those who helped so much especially to Paddy for the slick graphic design. Still a classic!

Have fun with it!

peace,
bootsy
Last edited by bootsie on Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:46 am, edited 9 times in total.

That looks very nice! I can't wait to give it a try.

Thanks!

Brent
My host is better than your host

mid/side - i like it already. ;)

:love:
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

bootsie wrote:howdy folks,

just wanna announce the very first in a series of signal modelling VST fx of mine which will appear this friday. This small but smart gadget called 'Rescue' will appear as freeware.
Here we go for a sneak pre of the user interface:

Many, many thanks to all those who helped so much especially to Paddy for the slick grafic design.

stay tuned!

peace,
bootsy
Looks good, nice GUI. But I have some questions :

1) So this one will be freeware, and the rest will be payware right ;) ?
2) Is it SynthEdit, SynthMaker or completely "hand-built" ?
3) What is "Rescue" aimed at. Why is it useful ^^ ?
4) What can we expect next in this series : equalizers, compressors, filters... ?
5) Last but not least, can you give us some informations about yourself, your background in audio and coding ;) ?

Cheers,
// J u L ! e N //

K-Slash wrote:

just wanna announce the very first in a series of signal modelling VST fx of mine which will appear this friday. This small but smart gadget called 'Rescue' will appear as freeware.

Many, many thanks to all those who helped so much especially to Paddy for the slick grafic design.

stay tuned!

peace,
bootsy

4) What can we expect next in this series : equalizers, compressors, filters... ?
5) Last but not least, can you give us some informations about yourself, your background in audio and coding ;) ?

Cheers,
// J u L ! e N //
6) Please give us your Social Security number as well.
7) Oh, and what is your birthdate?
8 ) Have you ever been in a relationship for more than three months? This will help us to know how committed you can be.
9) Is there anything we should know about your credit before we run the report? You don't want to make the men in black suspect anything.

Ok, that should cover it, eh?

Hehe, I kid, I kid. :hihi:

Or, just thank you and I can't wait to see it!

Brent
My host is better than your host

Yeah, I know :D .

But I don't wanna be fooled by a "new plugins maker in the game" who made all the efforts on no more than a nice GUI for the moment. And having some more informations about the series can be useful to know, as same as for the backgroun, which seems interesting to know.

Like if he had experience with analog gear during his life as a geek programmer who whished to have the same feeling on his computer that he was not able to get with existing plugins blabla ^^.

You know what I mean, I'm sure :p.

By the way, I'm not saying that we'll be fooled. Don't misunderstood me :oops:.
Last edited by K-Slash on Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

koolkeys wrote:
K-Slash wrote:

stay tuned!

peace,
bootsy

Cheers,
// J u L ! e N //
8 ) Have you ever been in a relationship for more than three months? This will help us to know how committed you can be.
9) Is there anything we should know about your credit before we run the report? You don't want to make the men in black suspect anything.
:dog: This is KVR :hihi:

that looks to be cool, but what is it for?

gorgeous !

triple p wrote:that looks to be cool, but what is it for?
well it has mid, side, punch and width controls - might be some kind of analogish-fattening-and-widening magic box. 8)

aha! I like Magic Boxes! I hadn't noticed the mid/side so now I am excited!!!!!

now I am excited!!!!!
So... is it an exiter? :oops: :D

Very cool GUI.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

koolkeys wrote:
K-Slash wrote:

stay tuned!

peace,
bootsy

Cheers,
// J u L ! e N //
10) are you communist ?
Organising a protest march this Friday Schlesische Strasse 28 ,10997 Berlin, Germany

Return to “Effects”