HighLife sampler source code now available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

HighLife source code has been released under BSD license.

Anonymous CVS Access

This project's SourceForge.net CVS repository can be checked out through anonymous (pserver) CVS with the following instruction set. The module you wish to check out must be specified as the modulename. When prompted for a password for anonymous, simply press the Enter key. To determine the names of the modules created by this project, you may examine their CVS repository via the provided web-based CVS repository viewer.

Code: Select all

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@highlife.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/highlife login

Code: Select all

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@highlife.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/highlife co -P modulename
Builds will be released as soon as contributors and enhancements are added.

Cheers.

HOLY SHIT !!!

Fantastic! I'll have to try compiling it under Linux (ubuntu) to use with eXT2.

Great contribution, George. There's definitely no open source sampler nearly as good as HighLife :), and it may become a very nice project now that people can extend it. And great decision using a BSD license and not one that prevents integration into most commercial applications.

Thanks for your comments. I'm looking for contributors and project admins. Please PM or use the Sound Forge site to let me know.

Cheers.

:shock: :love:

To make sure that I'm getting this right, folks are now allowed to download this source code, and modify it as they please? And I have just read about the DSD license. Do I understand correctly that under its terms such derivative works from this source code may be distributed commercially, as long as the license's conditions are met? Could someone more knowledgeable about this sort of thing give examples of what is and is not ok?

Bassballjg, just read the license. It's all there:
Copyright discoDSP

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

3, Neither the name of copyright holders nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.

4. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software must display the following acknowledgement: This product includes software developed by discoDSP http://www.discodsp.com/ and contributors.
In your hypothetic case, releasing a commercial product based on HighLife source code must comply these four clauses.

mauseoleum wrote:HOLY SHIT !!!
+1 That's pretty cool, George, thanks.
Regards, Mike

You're welcome, mn.

Good news: Chris Walton (VST Oversampler coder) has joined the team as project admin. We are still looking for more people willing to contribute. Cheers.

RIP .
edit i think there should be a note about Arguru on this page http://highlife.cvs.sourceforge.net/highlife/
just my two Euro cents .. :)
Organising a protest march this Friday Schlesische Strasse 28 ,10997 Berlin, Germany

george wrote:You're welcome, mn.

Good news: Chris Walton (VST Oversampler coder) has joined the team as project admin. We are still looking for more people willing to contribute. Cheers.
Just spammed all my coder friends of every stripe, aptitude and experience with a link to the discodsp news section and some ascii enthusiasm; I will take a long, hard look at the .sfz code to scratch an itch or two this weekend, but I haven't coded much outside perl and tcl since uni and my major was actually musicology, so I will probably need whatever help I can get. :oops:

Releasing under an OSI approved license was IMO even more generous of you than dropping the price from $99 to $0. Much thanks. :party:

[quote="george"]Hello,

HighLife source code has been released under BSD license.

:hail: :hug: 8)

that's awesome!

Thanks for releasing this as Open Source, george. 8)
Cakewalk by Bandlab / FL Studio
Squire Stratocaster / Chapman ML3 Modern V2 / Fender Precision Bass

Formerly known as arke, VladimirDimitrievich, bslf, and ctmg. Yep, those bans were deserved.

george wrote:You're welcome, mn.

i can help out with some ideas/testing/design if needed.

this is a red letter day.

Return to “Instruments”