HOWTO: EnergyXT2 on OS X

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not sure if anyone's done this before, but I've got EnergyXT2 running on my MacBook:

MIDI works too and the latency is quite good. :)

Quick mini HOWTO
===================
(Disclaimer: I don't check the forums that often, so I probably won't be able to offer much extra help.)

1) Install Darwine:
Recent builds available here

2) Install JackOSX

3) Download JackWASIO (Get the Crossover-Intel version)

4) Unpack "JackWASIO-CrossOver.zip" and copy the winasio.dll.so file to:
/Applications/Darwine/Wine.bundle/Contents/lib/wine/wineasio.dll.so

5) Download EnergyXT2, double-click on the setup.exe file (the Darwine package has this WineHelper thing that'll let you click and run Windows EXEs), and when it's done installing there should be a file called "energyXT2.lnk" on your desktop.

5) Run JackPilot, make sure the "interface" is picked properly in the preferences, and hit "Start".

6) Double-click that "energyXT2.lnk" icon on your desktop, and make some beats. :)

... now don't say I never did anything nice for anyone. :)

GameGod
http://mixxx.sourceforge.net

good to know!
Do not lick the fablanky

Cool stuff, any idea what the latency is roughly?

cool.... should work as good as i preach about on linux using wine :hihi: i get really really good latency and since all those packages are based on the same things (jack, wineasio etc) then it should perfomr *very close* to windows and in some cases maybe better ;)

i do have a question though.....how does it do as far as installable vsts? if its decent, perhaps i can get my macbook friend to try XT2 out after all! thanks for sharing this :D
i am me and i am free...k thx bai

AllenPOPO wrote: i do have a question though.....how does it do as far as installable vsts?
Works exactly the same as WINE on Linux (I use Ubuntu with XT2/wineasio on my desktop machine, it's great). Compatibility is excellent.

I can't figure out how to calculate the latency from JACK on OS X, so I can't give a concrete number on latency.

GameGod wrote:
AllenPOPO wrote: i do have a question though.....how does it do as far as installable vsts?
Works exactly the same as WINE on Linux (I use Ubuntu with XT2/wineasio on my desktop machine, it's great). Compatibility is excellent.

I can't figure out how to calculate the latency from JACK on OS X, so I can't give a concrete number on latency.

great to hear....perhaps you could try using the variables from OS X and input them in your linux to see if they give the accurate latency info? just an (un)educated guess here :)

thanks again...more stuff to try out when the 14th comes around :D

all right! i've been waiting to see some screenshots of this.
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

Just installed all and tried!
Works very well!
Tomorrow i will try to play with FLStudio, but i'm a bit worried about how to install my .reg file into a registry that i don't know if crossover mac has.

That's cool.

Noel Edmonds appeared above the screenshot.

fantastic! I can't wait to try myself, with a new version of xt2 :D

Sticky!

Does this work for pre-Intel macs?

wow what luck! i just bought a black macbook from a guy trying to "upgrade" to a macbook pro! what luck! im not sure if leopard is worth the hundred bucks right now to me though (tiger is okay for this too, right?) :hihi:

xerocreep: Sorry, this will only work on Intel Macs...

AllenPOPO: Yep, this'll work fine on Tiger. If I were you I'd stick with Tiger as long as possible. Leopard is super buggy for me, and I think upgrading was a big mistake. (Stick with Tiger at least until they sort all the problems out.)

GameGod wrote:xerocreep: Sorry, this will only work on Intel Macs...
hahaha. Yeah. i figured it out after downloading all 900MBs of the xcode developer tool stuff thinking I could make wine work. doh! :lol: :x

Return to “energyXT”