Convert Audio Amplitude to Midi CC in realtime

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm trying the demo of Digital Peak Meter Pro in hopes that this app will provide me with what I need.

I use Sonar and I want to just be able to set up two tracks, one audio and one midi. Somehow I want my audio inputed (from a microphone) amplitude to output as midi CC1. It seems that adding DPMP as an effect on the audio and routing it correctly would do this, but I don't know how to configure DPMP (or my tracks in Sonar) to do this. The tutorial (with Stereo Chorus) threw me off.

Can DPMP do what I want? How would I need to set it up?

Thanks!

From my understanding you basically want to measure the audio level on a track and record it as MIDI CC on another track, am I right? If so then the Digital Peak Meter Pro (DPMP) is the tool you need.

You will find details for each step in the Digital Peak meter pro Tutorials, but the main steps are the following:

1/ Insert the DPMP on the source track
2/ Open the preset settings window and select the MIDI output you want to record. Set the right value for the MIDI channel and CC value
3/ If you are using Sonar 6, you need to activate the MIDI output of the DPMP in the synth rack view:

3/ On the destination track, select the DPMP as MIDI input.
4/ Arm the destination track for record.
5/ Hit record. The MIDI CC values should appear in the destination track.

If this still does not work for you I will post more details and maybe we will write a specific tutorial later on.

Hope this helps!

Something like this but for OSX ?

: (

Hello,

it's not on the Mac yet, but with "Leopard" now out we should be starting to work on it soon. Keep an eye on this Mac Ports thread!

I really, really like DPMP and, because I use it all the time, was wondering if it will ever see some sort of updated means of assigning CC. Bringing up the options window seems sluggish and odd. I almost feel like I'm asking for just a bit more brilliance in this gem, one of the most useful and used plugins I own.

Yes indeed it's a bit annoying, especially if you are changing the MIDI CC settings very often. It should be added to the general user interface in the future (can't tell yet if it's in the next version or the one after). Thanks for the feedback!

Blue Cat Audio wrote:(can't tell yet if it's in the next version or the one after)
:hyper:

'preciate ya!

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”