All DarkWare & NOVUZEIT SynthEdit source files, here, free.

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)

As a parting gift to the SynthEdit scene I have decided to release all of my DarkWare and NOVUZEIT .SE1 source files for free.

You can download the archives here in one single .ZIP file.

This happens to be over 40 megs of stuff. Hence it's on RapidShare, because I don't want to have my server get raped. RapidShare isn't fast, but it is free to download from. Aside from just the .SE1 files, I have also included all the raw artwork images as well. And I have supplied all the modules and knob-skins that I could think of also... since you will need those to open these projects with any hint of success. If you are not a SynthEdit user this file will be useless to you, unless you just want to muck with the artwork.

What is missing? Only Mister Waveshaper and GlitchJockey that I can recall. I have no idea what happened to their source files. Also if you know how to use SynthEdit sure you can compile a NOVUZEIT plug to it's base state, but you would still be missing the presets and user manual... and once exported the .DLL would not be as small as the real thing because I used a 3rd party executable compression tool.

The idea here is to spread my SE techniques and FSU knowledge to further the understanding of interested SynthEdit users. If you are one, you could make your own versions of say Perky! or The Hands Of Darkness with whatever upgraded modifications or optimizations you see fit. Or just rip out parts of my old code and insert it into your own projects. It's all yours, insofar as you read the disclaimer .TXT file first.

One word of warning though, I never intended for anyone else to see the guts of these projects. As such don't expect the .SE1 layouts to be clean and elegantly organized. That's not how I worked. I always created at the speed of thought.

Well, I hope this is a bunch of fun for somebody out there.

If you want to keep up with me, I'll be here.

Goodbye KVR, I love everybody. :love:

very generous of you sir!

DSP

Thank you Jack,

I am not developer in right sense but it can help me to learn because I still try to understand of SynthEdit more and more.
Even I purchased the book "Visual programming" that I can understand more of programming.

Many success in New Year :)

Awesome.

I wish you every success with your future projects. :hug:

Very generous of you sir.

Good luck!

Checkmate - nice move Jack Dark.

a gentleman's act.
If you are one, you could make your own versions of say Perky! or The Hands Of Darkness with whatever (edit) modifications (edit) you see fit.
[whistling innocently. who? me?!? noooooo...]

Mmmmmmm... Source code! The ultimate gift.

Just out of curiousity, what's the license you're releasing under? I'd hate to see some yahoo compiling your stuff, rebranding it, and trying to sell it... :?

...Or do you care?

waiting man wrote:a gentleman's act.
If you are one, you could make your own versions of say Perky! or The Hands Of Darkness with whatever (edit) modifications (edit) you see fit.
[whistling innocently. who? me?!? noooooo...]
Whooooooaaaaa....
Dude, if you make "The Hands of Darkness: C.d.P. version" I'll be your best friend. :hihi:

nickm wrote:Mmmmmmm... Source code! The ultimate gift.

Just out of curiousity, what's the license you're releasing under? I'd hate to see some yahoo compiling your stuff, rebranding it, and trying to sell it... :?

...Or do you care?
There's a .TXT file in the root directory of the .ZIP explaining my stance on that issue.

very cool of you JakeDark and thank you!!!

SMART
You can't always get what you waaaant...

From the TXT file:
You may modify these projects as you wish, and use components of these projects in your own releases, insofar as said releases are FREEWARE.

You may not use any components of these projects in buyware releases.

You may not recompile these projects as they are and sell them either.

In short, enjoy the knowledge contained within, and don't be a bastard about it.
:tu:

Looking forward to poking around the guts of Glitchtronik... :D Thanks Jack!

Wow, thats quite a gift.
Thanks Jack. :)

ugo wrote:Wow, thats quite a gift.
Thanks Jack. :)
Ugo/darkware...
That's be awesome too

Return to “Modular Synthesis”