Don't know if anyone noticed... VST3

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It is now.

:shock: Holy feature set! I cant wait to see what devs do with this version..

L

..we'll scratch our collective heads.

DSP

considering they can't get vst3 to work in cubase (especially mac) I wonder if it will ever pan out.

Ok, being cynical, but I am just bummed about how slow tech development is and how long we are waiting for stuff to work anyways :shrug:
so what

Stupid question... :?

So what does this mean (if anything) for users of the current version of VST-how does that work? Do our hosts put out an update that supports 3.0 or is it a matter of the VST developer having to initially write it in 3.0 to take advantage of the "new features" ?
...chasing beats through ghetto streets...

Hope it works soon, lot of stuff in there that is great for live use.

I hope it'll be delphi-ported.No way it doesn't.

joeykusack wrote:considering they can't get vst3 to work in cubase (especially mac) I wonder if it will ever pan out.

Ok, being cynical, but I am just bummed about how slow tech development is and how long we are waiting for stuff to work anyways :shrug:
I have no idea what doesn't work. All VST 3 plugins work fine in Cubase.

Great. And so you have to fill out a ton of information in order to register an account on their site in order to be able to download it. Apparently, the legal goo required to use the previous versions wasn't enough this time. There went my motivation, for now.
Image Scriptable AUdio format / music language under development...

"Optional SKI Integration: Combined with the use of the additional Steinberg Kernel Interface (SKI), VST3 plug-ins can integrate directly into Steinberg host software at application level, enabling VST3 plug-ins to create tracks, perform copy/cut/paste tasks and many other operations"

Ouch, I see possibilities for some pretty nasty bugs...
never stop loving music.

#The fREaK! wrote:Great. And so you have to fill out a ton of information in order to register an account on their site in order to be able to download it.
Steinberg wrote:An E-mail with an activation link has been sent to you. Please click this link to finally activate your account.
:hihi:

Someone please make all this go away.

#The fREaK! wrote:Great. And so you have to fill out a ton of information in order to register an account on their site in order to be able to download it. Apparently, the legal goo required to use the previous versions wasn't enough this time. There went my motivation, for now.
Yep, it's a pain. I still (after an hour of waiting) have not received my sign-up message. I won't receive it I think. So, no VST3 download for me thanks to Steinberg. :) If anyone has the SDK, please send me the ZIP to info@voxengo.com (of course, if license allows such re-distribution).

OK, copy received, thanks - please do not send me any more copies. :)
Last edited by Aleksey Vaneev on Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anyway I do not plan to adopt VST3 soon. Steinberg is no way a dominant host producer now while I do not think many hosts will adopt VST3 soon. Beside that VST3 does not offer anything worth dropping VST2.4 support, or making it a worthwhile thing to offer VST2.4 and VST3 downloads to plug-in users just to confuse them more.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”