Most analog sounding softsynth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

i am new to KVR but i want to start a discussion about what is the most "analog sounding" softsynth.
I have some suggestions (By the way i own and use all of the listed synths) :

- AAS Tassman 4 (modular synth)
- U-He Zebra 2.2
- Lennar Digital Sylenth 1 (v1.21)
- Rob Papen Predator
- Sonicprojects OP-X Pro (Oberheim clone)

- AAS UltraAnalog VA-1
- Native Instruments Massive 1.1
- GMedia Oddity (ARP Odyssey clone)
- Voltkitchen Memorymoon (Moog Memorymoog clone)
- Groovecube Exciton 2
- Ableton Analog (made by AAS)
- Arturia Jupiter 8V (v1.1)

All suggestions are welcome. For me the most analog sounding synths are the first five in the list.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

hi mate, there is not a synth on that list that sounds anything like real analog.

your best bet is to by a 500 euro evolver from dave smith and become slightly more aware of how the oscillators and filters sound. Lately I have been listening to a lot of real old analog music... and its become perfectly clear the difference tween digital and analog.

cheers

Poly-Ana

Ocra

Zebra2 with the new zebra science sound pack sounds very analogue!!

i still don't believe those sound demo's are Zebra2 :o

demo 1

demo 2

Subz

Poly-Ana - the most analog sounding vst

Vaz and Tassman.

AAS UltraAnalog VA-1

this is my favorite. Haven't tried many of the others, though.

Virsyn Tera does an amazing emulation as well. But, I still think a lot of the real analog vibe is lost in todays recording techniques.

If you are deathly into analog you must pick up some tape and an analog synth, it is the only way.

Cosmus wrote:Poly-Ana - the most analog sounding vst
agreed!

but there's something coming to give it a run for its money!!

NDA sorry cant say any more

But Poly-Ana is well worth its price has a long unrestricted demo & IMO its the best thing out there at mimicking analogue,

& the dev needs some sales so go get it ;)

Subz

ckatrun411 wrote:hi mate, there is not a synth on that list that sounds anything like real analog.

your best bet is to by a 500 euro evolver from dave smith and become slightly more aware of how the oscillators and filters sound. Lately I have been listening to a lot of real old analog music... and its become perfectly clear the difference tween digital and analog.

cheers
Hello,

you undertand me wrong. My question is about softsynths. Sure they sound not as analog like a"real" analog, but some of them are damn close. By the way i used analog gear like Roland Jupiter 8, Moog Minimoog D, Dave Smith Evolver, Roland MKS-50, Roland MKS-80, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Marion Prosynth and virtual analogues like Waldorf Q, Clavia Nord Lead 2X and Access Virus KC.
Sold them all and now besides a bunch of softsynth i rely on Yamaha Motif ES 7, Access Virus TI Desktop (OS 2.5.1) and the Korg Wavestation EX. Anyway I have to say that i am interested in the Dave Smith Prophet 08 or an Alesis Andromeda.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Gmedia Oddity, of course :-)

Digidesign (A.I.R. Group) Hybrid (the new 1.5 Version sounds very "analog")

Arturia Minimoog V

My favorite the Prophet V from Arturia.

djsubject wrote:Poly-Ana

Ocra
Thanks for the reply. Poly-Ana is one of the few softsynths i never tried before. I will check that sooner or later.
Ingo Weidner

Poly Ana by a wide margin.

oh :D i forgot to mention the Legacy Collection Analog Edition 2007 from Korg

@ ingonator,

nope I didn't understand you wrong. and I still don't think a synth on your original list is very close.

I been spending a lot of weeks now listening just to vinyl trying to rediscover the roots of electronica. Lots of different composers, from Germany and England throughout the 60s and 70s, and old movie soundtracks and what not. Its been quite a strange experience, cause I have spent a lot of time working with digital equipment.

The general flow of sound is very different. I just don't think any digital synth comes spot on. The waves are different. Digital waves look like staircases and analog ones are smooth. ITs too different. Its like saying, a car and a plane are used for transportation.. Ok, but they r 2 different things.

But I am not saying one is better or worse. I happen to like very much digital synths. THey have incredible sound design capability, and to my ears they sound great as well in there own respect...

Return to “Instruments”