is there some sustain vst?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

to insert before Guitar Rig 3 in Cubase or FL ,because notes are to short in GR3 as it is now.
So ,it would be nice ,if someone come up whit plug-in name...

Sorry for bad English.

How about a compressor???

:)

there are compressors in GR,but they don't give enough sustain....

The only way to get the kind of sustain you probably want is to install a sustainer on your guitar. No effect will be able to physically keep your strings ringing longer.

As long as you're not playing staccato, it can help somewhat to put a delay at the end of the signal chain. If you set the parameters right the delay is not that noticeable but it will give the effect of sustain.

S cc sustain?

Find it here
stay juicy!

surely a cc sustain is for MIDI? ;)

Lunch Money wrote:The only way to get the kind of sustain you probably want is to install a sustainer on your guitar. No effect will be able to physically keep your strings ringing longer.
yes,I were thinking that way too....until I've played dry guitar samples from the net,that were recorded by professionals whit expensive gear ,and they had not enough sustain as well

AndrewSimon wrote:How about a compressor???
What compressor would you suggest? What compressor would sustain like, for example, a Boss CS?

suncica2222 wrote:
Lunch Money wrote:The only way to get the kind of sustain you probably want is to install a sustainer on your guitar. No effect will be able to physically keep your strings ringing longer.
yes,I were thinking that way too....until I've played dry guitar samples from the net,that were recorded by professionals whit expensive gear ,and they had not enough sustain as well
... And they probably weren't using a sustainer. Not many people do.

shamann wrote:
What compressor would you suggest? What compressor would sustain like, for example, a Boss CS?
Guitar pedal compressors like the BOSS CS-2(best one I've used for this effect) are going to give you sustain. VST compressors aren't made to do the same thing as well. If you want more sustain on your guitar, also consider checking and maybe raising your pickups, or the individual magnets, but watch out for overtones from the unselected pickup.

What kind of guitar are you playing?
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

Sickle wrote:
shamann wrote:
Guitar pedal compressors like the BOSS CS-2(best one I've used for this effect) are going to give you sustain. VST compressors aren't made to do the same thing as well. If you want more sustain on your guitar, also consider checking and maybe raising your pickups, or the individual magnets, but watch out for overtones from the unselected pickup.

Raising your pickups increases output, but it also increases magnetic pull on the strings, which results in LESS sustain...

And compressors will still stop the sound when your strings stop vibrating... Only a sustainer can actually keep the strings vibrating for a longer period of time, or feedback (like, from a real amp). If you're using software amp stuff, you owe it to yourself to try out a sustainer.

MitchK1989 wrote:
Sickle wrote:
shamann wrote:

Raising your pickups increases output, but it also increases magnetic pull on the strings, which results in LESS sustain...
True, but if the magnets are way down there's not enough output..

Chicken, egg, chicken, egg..
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

the closest I could get to a BOSS CS-2 sound (best pedal ever!) with plugins was with the Waves RenComp; you can really pound the shit out of a signal and get a nice sustain from it. Probably not of much use to you, though. :(

Sickle wrote:Guitar pedal compressors like the BOSS CS-2(best one I've used for this effect) are going to give you sustain.
bduffy wrote:the closest I could get to a BOSS CS-2 sound (best pedal ever!

what is so great whit CS2? What's wrong with CS3?

But have you consider another problem...it's wrong to put compressor before noise gate (which is inevitably in GR) ???

So do I have to put hardware noise gate before sustainer?

Return to “Effects”