What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

is there some sustain vst?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist
 
60 posts since 20 Sep, 2007

Postby suncica2222; Sat May 10, 2008 11:17 am

to insert before Guitar Rig 3 in Cubase or FL ,because notes are to short in GR3 as it is now.
So ,it would be nice ,if someone come up whit plug-in name...

Sorry for bad English.
KVRAF
 
2565 posts since 29 Mar, 2004, from Phoenix AZ USA

Postby AndrewSimon; Sat May 10, 2008 11:33 am

How about a compressor???

:)
KVRist
 
60 posts since 20 Sep, 2007

Postby suncica2222; Sat May 10, 2008 11:49 am

there are compressors in GR,but they don't give enough sustain....
KVRAF
 
13194 posts since 29 Sep, 2003, from Ottawa, Canada

Postby Lunch Money; Sat May 10, 2008 12:49 pm

The only way to get the kind of sustain you probably want is to install a sustainer on your guitar. No effect will be able to physically keep your strings ringing longer.
Image
User avatar
KVRAF
 
18474 posts since 26 Jul, 2005, from Inside Schroedinger's Cat...or am I...

Postby robojam; Sat May 10, 2008 1:04 pm

As long as you're not playing staccato, it can help somewhat to put a delay at the end of the signal chain. If you set the parameters right the delay is not that noticeable but it will give the effect of sustain.
KVRAF
 
6178 posts since 17 Oct, 2007

Postby Optomadic; Sat May 10, 2008 1:55 pm

S cc sustain?

Image

Find it here
Image
stay juicy!
KVRAF
 
13194 posts since 29 Sep, 2003, from Ottawa, Canada

Postby Lunch Money; Sat May 10, 2008 1:57 pm

surely a cc sustain is for MIDI? ;)
Image
KVRist
 
60 posts since 20 Sep, 2007

Postby suncica2222; Sat May 10, 2008 2:47 pm

Lunch Money wrote:The only way to get the kind of sustain you probably want is to install a sustainer on your guitar. No effect will be able to physically keep your strings ringing longer.


yes,I were thinking that way too....until I've played dry guitar samples from the net,that were recorded by professionals whit expensive gear ,and they had not enough sustain as well
KVRAF
 
12277 posts since 18 Aug, 2003, from Toronto
 

Postby shamann; Sat May 10, 2008 3:19 pm

AndrewSimon wrote:How about a compressor???


What compressor would you suggest? What compressor would sustain like, for example, a Boss CS?
Image
KVRAF
 
2625 posts since 2 Mar, 2006

Postby MitchK1989; Sat May 10, 2008 3:32 pm

suncica2222 wrote:
Lunch Money wrote:The only way to get the kind of sustain you probably want is to install a sustainer on your guitar. No effect will be able to physically keep your strings ringing longer.


yes,I were thinking that way too....until I've played dry guitar samples from the net,that were recorded by professionals whit expensive gear ,and they had not enough sustain as well


... And they probably weren't using a sustainer. Not many people do.
KVRAF
 
5064 posts since 13 Dec, 2005, from The Void
 

Postby Sickle; Sat May 10, 2008 3:35 pm

shamann wrote:
AndrewSimon wrote:How about a compressor???


What compressor would you suggest? What compressor would sustain like, for example, a Boss CS?


Guitar pedal compressors like the BOSS CS-2(best one I've used for this effect) are going to give you sustain. VST compressors aren't made to do the same thing as well. If you want more sustain on your guitar, also consider checking and maybe raising your pickups, or the individual magnets, but watch out for overtones from the unselected pickup.

What kind of guitar are you playing?
Image
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"
KVRAF
 
2625 posts since 2 Mar, 2006

Postby MitchK1989; Sat May 10, 2008 3:40 pm

Sickle wrote:
shamann wrote:
AndrewSimon wrote:How about a compressor???


What compressor would you suggest? What compressor would sustain like, for example, a Boss CS?


Guitar pedal compressors like the BOSS CS-2(best one I've used for this effect) are going to give you sustain. VST compressors aren't made to do the same thing as well. If you want more sustain on your guitar, also consider checking and maybe raising your pickups, or the individual magnets, but watch out for overtones from the unselected pickup.

What kind of guitar are you playing?


Raising your pickups increases output, but it also increases magnetic pull on the strings, which results in LESS sustain...

And compressors will still stop the sound when your strings stop vibrating... Only a sustainer can actually keep the strings vibrating for a longer period of time, or feedback (like, from a real amp). If you're using software amp stuff, you owe it to yourself to try out a sustainer.
KVRAF
 
5064 posts since 13 Dec, 2005, from The Void
 

Postby Sickle; Sat May 10, 2008 4:16 pm

MitchK1989 wrote:
Sickle wrote:
shamann wrote:
AndrewSimon wrote:How about a compressor???


What compressor would you suggest? What compressor would sustain like, for example, a Boss CS?


Guitar pedal compressors like the BOSS CS-2(best one I've used for this effect) are going to give you sustain. VST compressors aren't made to do the same thing as well. If you want more sustain on your guitar, also consider checking and maybe raising your pickups, or the individual magnets, but watch out for overtones from the unselected pickup.

What kind of guitar are you playing?


Raising your pickups increases output, but it also increases magnetic pull on the strings, which results in LESS sustain...


True, but if the magnets are way down there's not enough output..

Chicken, egg, chicken, egg..
Image
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"
User avatar
KVRAF
 
19353 posts since 13 Feb, 2003, from Vancouver, Canada
 

Postby bduffy; Sat May 10, 2008 5:06 pm

the closest I could get to a BOSS CS-2 sound (best pedal ever!) with plugins was with the Waves RenComp; you can really pound the shit out of a signal and get a nice sustain from it. Probably not of much use to you, though. :(
Image
KVRist
 
60 posts since 20 Sep, 2007

Postby suncica2222; Sun May 11, 2008 2:31 am

Sickle wrote:Guitar pedal compressors like the BOSS CS-2(best one I've used for this effect) are going to give you sustain.



bduffy wrote:the closest I could get to a BOSS CS-2 sound (best pedal ever!



what is so great whit CS2? What's wrong with CS3?



But have you consider another problem...it's wrong to put compressor before noise gate (which is inevitably in GR) ???

So do I have to put hardware noise gate before sustainer?
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects