Tracktion 4

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, it's nearing a year since T3's release.

Any loose lips out there? :)
Handy Tip: You can save a bunch of time by knowing how to play the instrument.

4? how about an update to 3..or at least a mac version that works? theres still plenty off bugs in 3, it'd be horrible if they didnt iron out the big ones before doin 4.\

its been super quiet around here lately.. beno or anyone can you confirm theres a new update in the works?
Neil G (Paper,SOWAT,motion,phobic,left minded,hawt,LA)

www.hawtmusic.com

Neil G wrote:4? how about an update to 3..or at least a mac version that works? theres still plenty off bugs in 3, it'd be horrible if they didnt iron out the big ones before doin 4.\
Considering they didn't iron out the big ones before doing 3 I don't hold out much hope.

Neil G wrote:4? how about an update to 3..or at least a mac version that works? theres still plenty off bugs in 3, it'd be horrible if they didnt iron out the big ones before doin 4.\

its been super quiet around here lately.. beno or anyone can you confirm theres a new update in the works?
I'd be interested in this. I might be naive, but still waiting for a mac fix.

I don't think they'll make it.

warp x wrote:I don't think they'll make it.
+1

Each major version has been more buggy. T1 was famously stable, but when T2 came out there were a fair few unhappy customers (including me for a while). With T3 it seems to have been so buggy that almost everyone has run for cover/ditched it (including a lot of the biggest Tracktion advocates from the past). Are there many even still using it?

If there ever is a T4, it would really have to be earth-shattering (and utterly stable, with ALL the ago-old bugs gone once-and-for-all) in order to recover the ground lost and even get back the good reputation it started to gain seven years ago.

headquest wrote:With T3 it seems to have been so buggy that almost everyone has run for cover/ditched it (including a lot of the biggest Tracktion advocates from the past).
Really? Who?
headquest wrote:Are there many even still using it?
I don't know about many, but I'm certainly still using it. It works quite well for me. :shrug:
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

A lot of people still use Tracktion. We have to remember that our little world at KVR doesn't even get CLOSE to representing the entire userbase. My former assistant pastor/music director still uses every single day and makes full recordings with it all the time. No problems.

I know that seeing posts here at KVR of people going elsewhere may seem a bit like something to panic over, but that does not mean that the majority of users of Tracktion are jumping ship. Not even close.

Brent
My host is better than your host

aMUSEd wrote:
Considering they didn't iron out the big ones before doing 3 I don't hold out much hope.
Agreed, I'm still on 2.1... being tortured daily by the GUI click-through bug (horribly effects my Sonalksis EQ, for one).

I don't switch to T3 because I don't want to lose RM IV.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

A.M Gold wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Agreed, I'm still on 2.1... being tortured daily by the GUI click-through bug (horribly effects my Sonalksis EQ, for one).

I don't use the RMIV from Tracktion, but didn't they make an update to make the T2 version work in T3? I think they did. But maybe my memory has just escaped me.

Brent
My host is better than your host

koolkeys wrote:
A.M Gold wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:

I don't use the RMIV from Tracktion, but didn't they make an update to make the T2 version work in T3? I think they did. But maybe my memory has just escaped me.

Brent
they did
and T3 is now as stable as T2 for me
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

I was a huge Tracktion advocate, and moved to Protools after some show-stopping bugs in T3.

But I ultimately moved back to T3. As buggy as it is, it is still far less buggy than PT, at least on my computer and with the plugins I use.

win version is getting much use here :)

hope you mac guys get a fix soon :(

try upgrading to windows? :hihi:

don't shoot i was joking :o

Subz

pough wrote:
headquest wrote:With T3 it seems to have been so buggy that almost everyone has run for cover/ditched it (including a lot of the biggest Tracktion advocates from the past).
Really? Who?
Let's see... for starters the REAPER forum is full of ex-Tracktion users who switched because of stability issues and apparently limited developer support. Then there are those in the various Lee Harless threads who switched to Logic 8 when it came out. And then there are people like me who simply found themselves using Tracktion less and less.

I guess that what I can say in personal experience is that in my home town I knew 4 schools and 6 home users who were fully into Tracktion about 3-4 years ago (including myself), and not one of them is using it as of 2008. I also know a lot of other ex-Tracktioneers in other towns both via the internet and in terms of my personal contacts.

So I can go to T3 and still use my T2 bundle RM IV? I'll have to get the latest T3 demo and try it out. Thanks for the info.

I also recall reading something bad about T3 and Synthogy Ivory, which I use often. Anyone know of this issue?

Ivory is weird in T2 but more or less usable. Tends to do the very unfortunate trick of making T2 lock up and then, after a hard restart, T2 is no longer registered. :o :-o :shock: :x :cry: :help:
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

Return to “Tracktion”