what does 70,00 euro mean?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's in determining prices for USD........

70,00 = 109 (approx) usd????

sorry to be so dense but please help
Last edited by hibidy on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Some, or maybe all, European countries use a comma instead of a decimal point.
It is 70.00 or 70 euros.

The current rate is 1 Euro = 1.5614 U.S. dollars so you seem right at 109.
Though many companies don't follow the day to day rate fluctuations. I would send an email and ask how much in dollars.

P.T. wrote:Some, or maybe all, European countries use a comma instead of a decimal point.
It is 70.00 or 70 euros.

The current rate is 1 Euro = 1.5614 U.S. dollars so you seem right at 109.
Though many companies don't follow the day to day rate fluctuations. I would send an email and ask how much in dollars.
that makes sense, thanks!

P.T. wrote:Some, or maybe all, European countries use a comma instead of a decimal point.
definitely not all, seeing as (for example) England is a European country ;)
Kick, punch, it's all in the mind.

Greece too. We use a comma for decimals, and dot for thousands. 70,50 means seventy euros and fifty cents, while 70.000 means seventy thousand euros.

geroyannis wrote:Greece too. We use a comma for decimals, and dot for thousands. 70,50 means seventy euros and fifty cents, while 70.000 means seventy thousand euros.
Seventy thousand euros and fifty cents would then be 70.000,50 ??

No, when numbers are above 50 000 we switch the , and . so "Seventy thousand euros and fifty cents" would be 70,000.50

so I'm guessing if I go to a web site, something is priced in euros 70,00 that would mean roughly 109 USD??

yep

fjolle wrote:No, when numbers are above 50 000 we switch the , and . so "Seventy thousand euros and fifty cents" would be 70,000.50
:dog:

Thats confusing.. why not just stick to one formatting scheme.. :lol:

VitaminD wrote:
fjolle wrote:No, when numbers are above 50 000 we switch the , and . so "Seventy thousand euros and fifty cents" would be 70,000.50
:dog:

Thats confusing.. why not just stick to one formatting scheme.. :lol:
And to add to the confusion :

In France, according to the "Lexicon of the typographical rules in use at the national printing house" wich is pretty much the definitive absolute official reference for us typo nerds or language lovers :

"Numbers in digits expressing a quantity are written by three digits groups (thousands groups), separated by a non-breaking and non dilatable space, both for the whole part or the decimal part. […]"

Not sure this makes sense since the translation is mine and I'm pretty bad with numbers anyway, so here are some examples :

- seventy five thousands € would be : 75 000 €
- seventy five thousands € and 24806 cents would be : 75 000,248 06 €

Pretty simple after all. No [.] whatsoever, and [,] are always used for decimal.

I didn't find anything regarding some European Union rule about this (talk to me about harmonization :roll:), but would be very interested if anyone could point me to it, should one exist.

:)

Alexis
Alexis

I thought the point of the euro was to simplify things? :shrug:

hibidy wrote:I thought the point of the euro was to simplify things? :shrug:
Yes, that's the fun part :-o :lol:

[EDIT] [OT] That lets room to think about how everything else is working too [/OT]
Alexis

Here in Italy we have three ways to separate thousands, so for example, seventy thousand could be

or
or
70'000

Comma is the equivalent of point in English - 70'000,50 would be, in English, 70,000.50

Anyway, when wasting money on ebay items, I often use this
http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html
so far I've found it to be fairly accurate...

Mac of BIOnighT wrote:Here in Italy we have three ways to separate thousands
:-o I love how Italy is always MORE :lol:

Hey Mac ! I didn't take the time to listen to your anime album yet, but I'll drop a line when I have :wink:
Alexis

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”