TimeWarp 2600?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I noticed that a Muse press release from January indicated that the Way Out Ware TimeWarp 2600 was running on Receptor. Since it is not (yet?) in Plugorama, can someone please update me as to its status?

Thanks,

-MWG

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that I tried the older version and it didn't work. They just released 1.3.1 which I will try to install tonight. Crossing my fingers, of course! :)

Take care,
Brad

I appreciate the effort; please post the results.

Any official or unofficial response from Muse?

Thanks,

-MWG

mwgilbert wrote:I noticed that a Muse press release from January indicated that the Way Out Ware TimeWarp 2600 was running on Receptor. Since it is not (yet?) in Plugorama, can someone please update me as to its status?

Thanks,

-MWG
We did show it at NAMM, and it mostly works. There are a couple of bugs that we thought needed to get fixed, and we've let Jim (the developer) know about it... we're waiting for a new release from him, and as soon as we get it we should be able to release it fairly quickly. It is a VERY cool program, by the way...

Groovology

I am very excited about the prospect of using this plugin on the Receptor. The TimewARP 2600 Manual contains an entire chapter on audio synthesis basics written by Jim Michmerhuizen, the author of the original ARP 2600 Manual and Founder and Director of the Boston School of Electronic Music. Jim & I were colleagues at BSEM, and we did a little touring as an electronic music improvisational ensemble, with 2600s as part of our lineup. This was the mid 70's, but the 2600 is still a landmark synth.

-MWG

Sorry, I know this is an old thread, but I just got a boxed copy of Wayoutware TimewARP 2600 and was wondering how to go about installing it on Receptor.

I tried installing on Windows and then copying the .DLL file to the Unsupported folder (both with CD version & also downloaded latest demo version) but neither would successfully install. I got an error message that says:

"Environment Error. This product is not compatible with a non-native Wndows environment."

Can someone please share or direct me to a link that explains how to install this?

BUMP

Does this now work with Timewarp 2600 at 1.4 and Receptor 2 2.0.1?

Hi Tom

Sorry about this... we did get TimeWarp working on Receptor, and then got a bit scared by the tendency of the plugin to go in to a "wrap" condition... resulting in full-code digital noise coming out the outputs, which triggers an automatic reboot. We spoke to the developer about it, who said he was no longer going to do work on VSTs... and honestly I haven't spoken to him in ages, so I don't know if that is true still or not.

What system version are you running when you get that error? I haven't tried it on the latest systems, but I would imagine it would install just fine, as most stuff does these days...

Bryan

Return to “Muse Research and Development”