pflo's complaint JEX Kit BFD [split thread]

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bought it last night and cant download it. Cant download updates either. I get the blue and white icon and there is nothing to extract ("not a valid windows32 application"). Just getting it to start the download takes about 30 minutes. Sure you got enough bandwidth?

Seriously FXPansion, I have NEVER had so many problems with a software company. This will definitely be my LAST "purchase" from you guys.You are charging a premium and delivering an unstable product. THERE IS NO EXCUSE. If it was freeware, MAYBE!

You should look at how line 6 does it. Problem free. Updates are dead simple.

There is info on the download page that says to look at the Jex product page for "detailed download instructions" . Nothing there.

You guys are WAY too sloppy. Hire some decent programmers and FOR GODS SAKE check that your products are ready, can be delivered, and your page info is accurate!

I cannot recommend BFD to ANYONE unless you enjoy getting screwed over with your time and money. FRAUD!
Last edited by pflo on Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

@pflo: Naturally, you've asked for help on the FXpansion forum? Contacted them by email?

There is no reason to make accusations of "fraud." Put in a little effort and I'm sure the FXpansion guys will get you working. They want you to have Good Things.

[edit] Oh, wait -- I remember you, I had to remove what I considered a potentially libelous accusation from your thread's title back when you misunderstood BFD's system requirements. Weren't you crying "fraud" back then too? Did you ever take the advice of andywright7, the poster in that thread who advised you to use the FXpansion forum to achieve satisfaction? I don't see any acknowledgment that you did.

Here for your easy clicking is the link:

http://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=29

Go to it now. Get things fixed.

[double post
Last edited by pflo on Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meffy wrote:@pflo: Naturally, you've asked for help on the FXpansion forum? Contacted them by email?

There is no reason to make accusations of "fraud." Put in a little effort and I'm sure the FXpansion guys will get you working. They want you to have Good Things.

[edit] Oh, wait -- I remember you, I had to remove what I considered a potentially libelous accusation from your thread's title back when you misunderstood BFD's system requirements. Weren't you crying "fraud" back then too? Did you ever take the advice of andywright7, the poster in that thread who advised you to use the FXpansion forum to achieve satisfaction? I don't see any acknowledgment that you did.

Here for your easy clicking is the link:

http://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=29

Go to it now. Get things fixed.
YES, I have a support ticket over there. Standard answers from them, "right click and extract" yadda yadda like I am a complete idiot. Told them its not an option.It is already extracted."download the latest update"-cant do that either! And I guess they are on holidays today.

Called the US phone support line. Leave a message. :roll:

If you remember me so well you may also remember I was banned from that forum for having a fat guy in my avatar. Of all things...so no help there.

I did also solve the last problem months ago BY COMPLETELY REINSTALLING BFD2 AND Windows XP. Buying more RAM (already had more than min specs) .Relocating all my drivers etc.It was a fun weekend.....

I stand by my claims of fraud. If you sell something it should meet the claims of the manufacturer. My system exceeded minimum specs on the box and it didnt work.You gotta problem with that?

I dont know what was wrong with BFD2 last spring when it went haywire for no reason, but I used my days off to fix it. By wiping everything out...not stable software. End of story.

This Jex kit is, for me , not available, even though I paid for it. Others who actually loaded it say there is no snare as promised. What do you call that? If it aint fraud, its damn sloppy.

Its a great product when it works (BFD), but you can never bet WHEN its going to work.The installer documentation is sloppy and inaccurate. Many others are still having problems with this program 8 months later.

I have the right to bitch about it, I PAID FOR IT.These guys have a perfect record for releasing stuff that isnt ready.WHERE is the quality control?

Whatever. I'll get a refund and buy 3rd party stuff from now on.Its not like I ENJOY complaining about crappy products. I'd actually prefer USING the product.Really.

There we go, all split so you can have your own thread.

And sorry, but you were shown quite clearly and definitively that your system did not meet BFD2's minimum specs. If you wiped it all out, end of story, I'm wondering how you plan to use the expansion... Never mind, I don't care. Have fun.

I dont wanna coma across like a whiner, its just frustrating. I HATE taking time to get thing running instead of just USING the product.They are very nice guys over there and I can appreciate the complexity of creating this program but they just arent selling a reliable product.I dont get a lot of time for music so time is of the essence.

Like i say, BFD2 is the BOMB when it works and ,damn, I wanna play that Jex kick drum. It sounds incredible.

Just wish these guys would get the ducks in a row BEFORE they release products.

Glad you've moderated your tone. You have the right to complain, but positive action will get you a lot better results. And I missed where you said you reinstalled BFD2; I figured that had to be the case but it wasn't clear from what I'd read so far.

I can't help you to solve it, I don't have BFD2 (but I do love me some Guru). I am thinking that the trouble isn't with the software but unfortunate circumstances. I'm going to let the FXpansion people know about this thread and maybe -- maybe! -- someone will have a solution for you.

The Jex kit is a add on kit for 50 bucks (4 drums). I paid for it , clicked on the "windows" download icon...It hangs for about half an hour (looks like a bandwidth problem on their end as I download stuff fast all the time), then disappears and in an hour an icon for it shows up on the desktop. The white box with blue header type. Click on that- error message "Jex-kit not a valid windows32 application". Right clicking only shows compressing options , not extraction options. What next?

Your download is incomplete, you need to try downloading it again or use a download manager with resume.

Our ISPs for this download are Pair Networks and Liquid Web. Bandwidth-a-plenty on their end, server is holding up fine too. Are you /sure/ it's us?
This account is dormant, I am no longer employed by FXpansion / ROLI.

Find me on LinkedIn or elsewhere if you need to get in touch.

pflo wrote:The Jex kit is a add on kit for 50 bucks (4 drums). I paid for it , clicked on the "windows" download icon...It hangs for about half an hour (looks like a bandwidth problem on their end as I download stuff fast all the time), then disappears and in an hour an icon for it shows up on the desktop. The white box with blue header type. Click on that- error message "Jex-kit not a valid windows32 application". Right clicking only shows compressing options , not extraction options. What next?
This kinda thing happens to me once in a while. I know its stupid, but if you didn't already, try restarting computer and your wireless/cable modem. Even if everything else seems to be working right, sometimes computers just act retarded.
'The science of rich men does not elevate all mankind, but only themselves.'
sound cloud

maybe try renaming that file to Jex-kit.exe or Jex-kit.zip or Jex-kit.rar. or try a different browser.

Angus_FX wrote:Your download is incomplete, you need to try downloading it again or use a download manager with resume.

Our ISPs for this download are Pair Networks and Liquid Web. Bandwidth-a-plenty on their end, server is holding up fine too. Are you /sure/ it's us?
No. I'm not sure of anything. But seeing that I have no problem downloading everything else (i dl'ed 5 plugins and many other files today no problem)I would have to assume it isnt on my end. Just your stuff isnt loading. Cant download updates or Jex drums. Its just hanging on your site("spinning" pointer thingy) . When it loads, I get a yellow folder with only the blue and white box inside on the desktop.
At the risk of sounding like a tool, what is a download manager with resume?
Last edited by pflo on Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

if your on MAC no need for one.

if your on PC http://www.flashget.com/en/download.htm

pflo wrote: At the risk of sounding like a tool, what is a download manager with resume?

hma wrote:maybe try renaming that file to Jex-kit.exe or Jex-kit.zip or Jex-kit.rar. or try a different browser.
See, THIS is what I'm talking about. A consumer level product shouldnt need the user to become a computer expert and start messing with file names! Point and click only.Enter a serial number.Done.

topaz wrote:if your on MAC no need for one.

if your on PC http://www.flashget.com/en/download.htm

pflo wrote: At the risk of sounding like a tool, what is a download manager with resume?
OK. Got it. It wants an URL. There are 3 links to 3 parts of the drums on one page (one URL). Now what? This is ridiculous.....

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”