Warning! Warning! Warning! Sonart Samples

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Do not buy samples from Sonart Audio!

here is the website: http://sonart.cc/shop/

They are running a scam. They have a really nice looking website that claims to offer some amazing content at a really good price. They offer a yearly subscription that claims to give you like 67 gigs of material plus 12 new products in 2008.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

When you download their product what you get is a folder full of redundant material. Their is an instruments folder with 7 different formats, all containing the same 12 instruments.

You will also find a loops folder with different BPM folders in it. All of the folders contain the same loops!

When you download a compressed library called for instance "Minimal House" that is 1 gig in size, what you get when you trim all the fat is about 40 megabytes of useable material.

However, what is left are loops that are directly ripped from current tracks. I know that some companies will do this to some small degree, but, I am not joking, these loops are direct rips from NEW tracks. It's not like the kick is filtered out, or the loop is drenched in affects. I have found so far many, many tracks that are currently on Beatport. Not old tracks but new tracks.

Also. I just received one of the "NEW" products, and it is literally two of their previously released libraries repackaged with a new picture. Not some new loops mixed with some older ones, but actually the same exact loops from two other libraries that you have already downloaded!

I could go into greater detail but let me just say this.

I HAVE NEVER COME ACROSS SUCH A RIP OFF. AFTER DOWNLOADING SOMETHING LIKE 60 GIGS OF MATERIAL I HAVE A SMALL COLLECTION OF LOOPS THAT I CAN NOT USE BECAUSE THEY ARE IDENTICAL TO TRACKS THAT ARE NOW, OR HAVE RECENTLY BEEN IN BEATPORT'S TOP TEN LIST.

SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!

cheech! many thanks for the infos, I will never buy from them. Somehow their good looking website gave me the impression that it was quality royalty-free sounds & loops.

Did you had the chance to try their Kontakt scripts? How about their Virus samples?

Ya everything about them screams scam.

Many months ago, they put up some information about something called Bass Box which was a free download by them. Naturally, me being the cheap ass I am, I signed up and waited and waited. Later I checked out the "order page" and found out that it was out of stock. It's a bloody download not a boxed product. Anyway, on the page where I was informed it was out of stock, they have a thing that you can click to buy a link card to actually get the samples. Not likely. Then, much to my surprise, they send me a link to get the download but it was the exact same page stating it is out of stock again ;) Then the spam came. Thing is, the only thing I ever used that email for was for Sonart so I have to assume that something crappy is happening over there when I suddenly have many legit companies spamming me with crap...as well as Sonart's own spam.

I highly recommend everyone stay away from these guys. Unless of course you are lonely and want spam to read ;)

SampleScience wrote:cheech! many thanks for the infos, I will never buy from them. Somehow their good looking website gave me the impression that it was quality royalty-free sounds & loops.

Did you had the chance to try their Kontakt scripts? How about their Virus samples?
Everything is crap! I'm trying to think about a better way to explain what they do. The simplest way to explain it is this:

They steal clips from new sources and package it as a sound library called for instance, Electro House.

They have maybe 16 or so of these so called libraries advertised on their website with fancy artwork.

The names range from, electro house, techno, tech house, minimal, to even jazz.

They give you a special link with a password.

So, when you go to this specific URL it is a screen with many links from many styles of music for you to download.

The frustration starts when you spend hours downloading this stuff and start unarchiving the files and realize that not only do you hear loops that sound exactly like current tracks for sale, but that the loops and instruments are arranged in a way to make it seem like their is a lot of content.

You start plowing through some of this stuff and realize that it is all the same shit.

Then you email them to ask about the so called "new" products that you were promised. After weeks of waiting you finally get an email with a download link to a new product that they have on their website.

You spend some time downloading that and then open it.

You start to realize that the folder structure looks identical to all of their other material.

When you finally start to investigate you realize that every loop that you are hearing sounds very familiar.

So you pull out your sample HD and start to audition sounds. Yep! exact same loops as two of their other downloads under different names.

So what you are left with after doing all that work is the exact same audio material that you already have which is useless because it's all copywritten material!

I've asked myself several times why I don't see their stuff for sale on websites like Big Fish Audio, Sounds to Sample, Producer Loops, Loopmasters, Inspiration Sounds, Mutekki, Best Service and any other Sample Library Download Service.

Now I know Why.

Bottom Line. They are taking copywritten material and duplicating it in many different formats and selling it. They use their pretty pictures on their website to make you believe that you are getting 67 gigs of new material but all you get is a headache.

To answer your question, yes, even the virus samples sound like shit! This is whay they do. They advertise say 700 megabyte download for Elektro Bass samples and what you get is 12 bass sounds in 12 different formats, even Giga2 and 3. And the samples sound like shit!

FOOLS GOLD! MY FRIENDS!

Thickwick, shoot me your email in a pm, and let me know if you use Mac or Pc, we'll get you some loops to mess with, no strings/scams attached. :)

Thanks for the offer.

I know someone who got their Virus Pack, or whatever it's called.He said roughly the same things you did....crap content with tons of duplicate patches/sounds. He was suspicious that it wasnt even original content either.

It's good you've posted this warning.That slick looking website of theirs is the only professional thing about the company.

Bump this thread because I forgot to mention something!

I left this part out. In every "Audio Library" they offer are folders with these names:

Bassdrums
Claps
Snares
HiHats

However, upon further inspection I realized that every library had the same BD's, Snares, Claps, and Hihats.

EVEN THE JAZZ AND HARD HOUSE LIBRARIES!

All of them have the same samples in them.

So, I email them about a new product on their website called "London Audio Club Beats".

Once again advertised to have a large quantity of audio files.

When I opened it up I realized, to my disgust, that there was a folder with these names:

Bassdrums
Claps
Snare
Hihats

(Just so you know these were the ONLY folders in this library)

ALL CONTAINING THE EXACT SAME SAMPLES AS EVERY OTHER LIBRARY THEY OFFER!

Let me spell this out for those not getting the bottome line. If you spend $40 on let's say Hard Trance, which they offer, you will get the same BD's, Claps, Snares, and Hats that you will get if you buy their "All New" product "London Audio Club Beats". And every other sample library including Jazz, Minimal, Minimal Trance, Club Electro, Etc. Etc. Etc.

This is crazy!!! It's just unbelievable! :shock: This company is a serious scam!

thats the second sample pack scam weasel's i have read about in as many days! terrible
(even if i knew what minimal,tech....blah blah blah was meant to sound like aint the point here :hihi: )

circling vultures

Nekro, please refrain from sullying the reputation of my relatives, the mustelids, by associating them with cheesy ripoffs of this sort. Weasels, ferrets, ermines/stoats, and the like comprise a diverse family of proud, quick-witted carnivores, not bottom-feeders. Thank you.

Cheers for the heads up.

I believe it's a figure of speech, he meant no offence meffy. :)

Meffy wrote:Nekro, please refrain from sullying the reputation of my relatives, the mustelids, by associating them with cheesy ripoffs of this sort. Weasels, ferrets, ermines/stoats, and the like comprise a diverse family of proud, quick-witted carnivores, not bottom-feeders. Thank you.
:hihi:
[Insert Signature Here]

Of course, Caysi. I just feel it's important to educate against the evils of speciesism.

That aside, it does indeed appear to be a nasty scam.

Bump.

Gotta protect my fellow producers from being ripped of!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”