Good Industrial VSTi's/VST's?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Get off the computer and do all your shit through an Amiga.

Isn't that also a computer?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Yes, it is.
:hihi:

Caysi wrote:
RunBeerRun wrote:What's the price range? Angstkiller is made with Synthedit, maybe fruity loops can't run it because of that.
doubt it. se plugins work fine here.
Ditto here in FL studio with SE Plugz, almost never have a problem.
blah..blah..uptight...blah..blah

I almost forgot this. Try the vst Renegade by G sonique. There is a link on here. This is probaly the best preset based vst synth for industria/ebm basslines. If your not a master programmer this is a good place to start. So is the drum machine microtonic. Lots of hard drum sounds found in microtonic. Both of these synths are affordable for most consumers.
For us there are no surprises left

setAI wrote:Motion 2.8 for sequenced EBM/electro phrases

vurtbox for harsh and caustic pads/leads

HG Fortune LPM for old-school industrial rhythms

mangle everything with Darkware Glitch plugs

ALL FREE
The HGF thing, never heard about this one.
Can you tell me where to get it?

classic

Trusty wrote:
Seriously, go buy Orion Pro, it has tons of gritty noisemakers in it that are top notch...
Pro is no longer, its just Orion V7.5 now

Calculizer can be used to some industrial stuff. Check my VSTI blog on my site for more info.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

Sewn wrote:I almost forgot this. Try the vst Renegade by G sonique. There is a link on here. This is probaly the best preset based vst synth for industria/ebm basslines. If your not a master programmer this is a good place to start. So is the drum machine microtonic. Lots of hard drum sounds found in microtonic. Both of these synths are affordable for most consumers.
Renegade is most effective in the following music styles: Trance, Dance, Drum and Bass, Breakbeat, Electro, EBM, Tek House, Psytrance, Goa and many more. It includes more than 130 presets in Bass, Classic, Leads, Drum and Bass and Psytrance styles.
i just dont get how a synth can be specific to just those styles/genres..

EBM/Industrial sounds are pretty basic as a rule, any VA is up to the job, you just need to learn your craft...and careful use of FX :wink:

Kriminal wrote:EBM/Industrial sounds are pretty basic as a rule, any VA is up to the job, you just need to learn your craft...and careful use of FX :wink:
I have to nitpick here. EBM and Industrial really aren't interchangeable. One is primarily just dance music, the other is a little bit harsher and nastier than that, and might get faster results than with just any VA.

The melodic, bass, and pad sounds used in EBM and Industrial are all indeed very basic. Where it becomes more complicated is when you want to add chaotic, noisy, distorted noises. The most obvious thing to do is add effects after the synth, such as distortion or bitcrushing. Strictly in terms of synthesis, you want to look for instruments with a flexible modulation architecture, and a lot of interdependent FM capabilities. This will allow you to create feedback loops of oscillators modulating each other, with the result quickly becoming total chaos. Another option is a sampler, and just find noisy samples to manipulate.

Personally, I find my eurorack modular to be the greatest thing since sliced bread when it comes to creating aggressive noises... total freedom to patch between external sources, oscillators, filters, waveshapers, wave multipliers, frequency shifters, ring modulators, bbd delays, you name it. But of course, you're looking for a software solution here.

A few years ago I created a free, fairly noisy feedback synth in synthedit, called "Instability". I no longer have it hosted anywhere, but someone did post a link to it in the thread about old, forgotten VSTis. You can find it there if you're interested. Very useful for percussion sounds and noisy drones.

Edit: Here's the thread... http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3311286
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

maybe this is too obvious, but I recall some cool sounds coming from this beast.
Industrial Tones

classic wrote:The HGF thing, never heard about this one.
Can you tell me where to get it?
Here

Gladiator and Helix.

eventually every synth will be listed here.... :roll:

Return to “Instruments”