What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Alchemy Suggestions

Official support for: camelaudio.com

Moderators: ZenPunkHippy, ugo, biomechanoid, Ben [Camel Audio]

KVRAF

9614 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:45 pm

NOTE: Above this post are all suggestions made so far, with a count of the number of times each suggestion appeared.

If you feel that anything has been missed from the original thread, or the idea you posted has been misinterpreted PM me and I will do my best to fix it or explain your idea better. The contents of the original suggestion thread are still available, but has been locked to avoid confusion:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=238691
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=243344

Please continue to discuss any suggestions or improvements you think Camel Audio should consider for Alchemy! :)

Peace,
Andy.
KVRian

1139 posts since 29 May, 2002, from Scotland

Postby biomechanoid; Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:05 am

something that might be handy is 'auto assign filter', 'auto-assign FX' and auto-assign envelope' options... mabe 'XY', 'mods 'and 'sources' too? as it stands auto assign isn't very useful to me because its creating too many assignments i dont want or need which ends up being quite confusing / time consuming to edit and remove, so its usually easier to D~I~Y....
[ Camel Audio Alchemy ] [ ucn netlabel ]
"Its my firm belief that its a mistake to hold firm beliefs"
KVRAF

5901 posts since 25 Sep, 2003, from right here, as you can see ...

Postby brok landers; Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:34 pm

ok, i'll throw in some of my thoughts:
    1. each source should be able to have its own arp
    2. freely adjustable key zones for each zones to create splits, plus dfinable voices beeing maximum played for each source ... i know the voice structure must be changed then, imo a hard task, but that would be quite a feature. i.e. i'd like an monophonic glitter fx sound arp on source 1, only one voice used, and a pad on source 2, max 12 voices used ... that way you can restrict the cpu load significantly. while we're at thatone, portamento should be for each source seperateley too then ...
    3. each source should have sends to the fx, rather than them beeing applied to the whole patch. i.e., often i'd like to have the reverb and a chorus on one source, but only the reverb on another ...
    4. drag'n drop order for the fx order in the slots. i.e. grab the fx from slot one directly from the the slot and drop it to another free slot.
    5. swap order of fx via rightclick menue, just like on the performance knobs.
    6. granular and conventional sample playback should be one, so that one can blend over into granular from plain sample playback.
    7. a range parameter for the additive section. right now i can only define how many harmonics are used, but i' d like to define a range with a slider and a width, so that i can sweep through the whole additive harmonics, and only that width i defined within the harmonic partials are played ... so basically there have to be 2 more knobs: one that defines the maximum of partials used from the whole imported/created partial set for playback, a section of the whole, and one that defines a shape of this section (i.e. left most position = square, right most position triangle, or such).
    8. each partial in the additive section should be tunable not only +-6 cents like it is now, but +-24 half tones, so that one can create whole chords. in conjunction with this there should be a button that allowes every partial to be the same as the root note when pitch is 0. a great addition, as one can change the waveform of the partials in additive mode. that way one can do chicago house stacks within only one source. i mean, there's 598 partials/oscs in additive mode, roughly guessed 6-10 of them and you could make a great chord stab with just one source ...
    9. a crosshair on the additive partials, so that one can draw a straight line from left upper to right lower for example.
    10. a mode in which one can draw an independant multi env for each partial. right now every node on the selected partial still changes all other partials when moved. i.e. i'd like to select a partial, then draw the env for thatone, select the next one, draw the env for that one without the other partials to be changed ...
    11. the symmetry for the va-waveforms have to be antialiased as they alias as hell ...
    12. a speed parameter for the msg's right now i can't automate the speed of them, but they'd be wonderfully customisable lfo's if this would be possible ...
    13. "max" in the matrix should be able to boost levels without limits, to overcome the loss of level when using narrow bandpass filters, etc ... sometimes the patch is great, but way too quiet even when all possible levels are up ... or the gainter fx plugin should be able to make the patch louder, not only quieter as it is now ...

i'll be back with more ...
reg, the brok
-gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man-
KVRist

115 posts since 15 Sep, 2003

Postby azyte; Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:06 am

Patch change via midi!
KVRAF

4078 posts since 16 Feb, 2005, from Kingston, Jamaica

Postby zvenx; Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:16 am

Big tone you not asking for much, that should be one afternoon of coding ;) ;).....I guess you want them to build your dream synth. is there any synth that even comes close to those features you are requesting?
rsp
KVRAF

5901 posts since 25 Sep, 2003, from right here, as you can see ...

Postby brok landers; Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:09 am

zvenx wrote:Big tone you not asking for much, that should be one afternoon of coding ;) ;).....I guess you want them to build your dream synth. is there any synth that even comes close to those features you are requesting?
rsp

these are no requests, just my thoughts of what could be done ... that's what this thread is for ... at least the title says so ...
reg, the brok
-gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man-
KVRAF

4078 posts since 16 Feb, 2005, from Kingston, Jamaica

Postby zvenx; Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:13 am

I know, I know. I was not being really serious.
rsp
KVRian

509 posts since 13 Mar, 2008, from Finland

Postby muLperi; Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:42 pm

- chorus / phaser fx
- own arp for each osc
www.mulperi.net
KVRer

17 posts since 2 Mar, 2009, from Vienna / Austria / Europe / not THIS earth

Postby broeselhai; Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:10 am

regarding all FILE areas:

FILE areas are very "stylish", but not so handy as could be.

1) it would be helpfull (at least for PC-users) if not only the drives but "desktop" would be visible when browsing through the file area.

2) Further more, it would be helpfull if details regarding the files (date, length, sample-rate, bit-rate) could be seen in the fileareas.

3) I use Links most of the time which lead to the different sound-file-folders. These links are positioned on the Desktop.
It would be helpfull if Links would be shown in the filearea.
"If I have an APPLE, and you have an apple, and we exchange apples, then you and I still have ONE apple.
But if I have an IDEA, and you have an idea, and we exchange ideas, then we BOTH have TWO ideas." G.B.Shaw
KVRer

Postby broeselhai; Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:32 am

..when "painting" into the spectral canvas:

4) When you "select" a certain region and "brush" it to a different area inside the spectral canvas (f.e. into an area where an other sound is already present) this creates a momentarely increase/decrease of amplitude due to the square-character of the selected region.
A kind of a round "blur"-tool with different diameters would be handy to smoothen the transition. The amount of "bluring" could be controlled f.e. by the existing "opacity"-knob,..
Or with an additional "pipette"-tool which is capable of picking a certain (averaged) "color" beneath the pipette-tool from within the canvas and use this as 'ground zero' for bluring (move amplitudes-values below blur-tool proportional towards pipette-color).
This tool could be used too to reduce unwanted sounds (in the original sample) by 'smoothening' it into the surrounding sound.
"If I have an APPLE, and you have an apple, and we exchange apples, then you and I still have ONE apple.
But if I have an IDEA, and you have an idea, and we exchange ideas, then we BOTH have TWO ideas." G.B.Shaw
KVRist

33 posts since 10 Jan, 2009

Postby loopstationzebra; Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:38 am

Just adding my vote for bank/preset change via MIDI. I'd love to be able to assign these changes to either an external controller, dummy clips (in Ableton Live), or both.

This is a must-have feature for live playing; as it keeps the workflow smooth.

Tnx.
KVRAF

9614 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:56 pm

pannoctis wrote:Hello,

here are some observations / suggestions regarding the Alchemy interface (1.08 RC):

1) Response when loading the VST and editing could be faster.

2) Preset selector navigation arrows could be brighter - right now one gets the impression they are completely greyed out = not active, which is not true; the large font size of the author display makes a long name's end disappear in the right corner.

3) FL Studio specific - compact interface still does not tell the FL wrapper to "shrink" accordingly and a green wrapper background is displayed in the portion not occupied by the compact interface - for comparison - Tone2 Gladiator also has a compact interface option which works in the FL environment - so it must be possible to fix this.

4) Suggestion for the effects panel: if many effects are active, it becomes increasingly difficult to monitor the control panel with all effects open while scrolling right and left over dozens of controls. An alternative would be a tabbed approach, where only the controls of the selected effect are visible - since there are 6 effect slots, of which one would click the tabs - I would consider this option more organized, actually faster and easier to navigate.

Thx for the wonderful Alchemy - regards
KVRer

Postby broeselhai; Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:05 am

When browsing through the FILE folders, the content shown is not "up to date".
The files in the folders (displayed) stay at the level it was when Alchemy was started. When you move files (f.e. with Explorer) during a Alchemy session, the moved files are not displayed correct; You will have to close Alchemy (at least when using SaviHost) and re-open Alchemy, to find the moved files at theire correct position.
KVRer

Postby broeselhai; Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:05 am

SPECTRAL-canvas in STEREO (two windows) would be great!
KVRer

21 posts since 31 Oct, 2007

Postby clipperer; Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:56 am

include all main filter algorithms in all sources filters.
PreviousNext

Moderators: ZenPunkHippy, ugo, biomechanoid, Ben [Camel Audio]

Return to Camel Audio