What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Original Preset Sharing Thread

Official support for: camelaudio.com

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

Musical Gym
KVRAF

3399 posts since 23 May, 2004, from Northern Central CA (not as good as Eureka)

Postby Musical Gym; Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:41 pm

I agree a separate design thread will help everyone.
heavensdaw
KVRist

281 posts since 15 Nov, 2007, from Spain

Postby heavensdaw; Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:42 pm

+1

Hd
tconrardy
R.I.P.

5472 posts since 7 Sep, 2003, from Santa Clara, CA, USA

Postby tconrardy; Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:10 pm

Musical Gym wrote:I agree a separate design thread will help everyone.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=240631

lets discuss there instead of here :-)
Miroslav H
KVRist

92 posts since 30 Dec, 2003

Postby Miroslav H; Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:19 pm

hangars liquides wrote: / and congratulations to Miroslaw for its excellent contribution to the database - I miss some samples unfortunately.

Thank You very much. If You lost some presets, You can download them anew (the link is below). All the package, or only by families. I'm returned here anew, after several days, and the total crash of my Mac, and necessity to reinstall all my softs (Fortunately only the softs, not presets and samples). At this occasion I discovered finally the Apple's fantastic technology of Time Machine (the backup for dummies in incredible and absolute transparency)... :oops:

I think I will share soon some new sounds. I have to admit I am a bit deceived by the image editing options, implemented in spectral module: but I'm totaly perverted by Metasynth, which possibilities are pratically infinite. But it's clear, the goal is not the same. But so far I do not know these two essential modules rather well.

About the granular module, I am still a little bit hungry, I work on several granular synths, made especially with the MAX/MSP environment, which have much more richness of edition... but the same - this is not the same tools. It's clear, Alchemy have a very strong editing possibilities, and i hope we will made a very magic sounds.

Thank you once again for recognition (it's good for soul).
Free presets: Alchemy, FM8, Poseidon, Tera, Toxic Bio and soon for Gladiator, Circle, Cube2, Zebra and more.
MWSOS
KVRian

769 posts since 13 Jun, 2006, from Cornwall, UK

Postby MWSOS; Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:53 am

I'm busy creating a bank of Alchemy presets, including some samples, and will upload it to the Camel Audio web site for everyone to use once it's got to a reasonable size (eighteen so far!)

Martin
zosoaudo007
KVRist

31 posts since 25 Jan, 2008

Postby zosoaudo007; Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:37 pm

This is an example of what this preset will do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMtiusvNWyI

And the preset (along with a WAV of me saying "Wall E") here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/84973127/5c ... reset.html

If the link doesn't work let me know and I will fix. Enjoy!
Miroslav H
KVRist

Postby Miroslav H; Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:16 am

zosoaudo007 wrote: If the link doesn't work let me know and I will fix. Enjoy!
HI,

Your presets don't work at my Alchemy... i obtain a pure basic sound... I put all three files at the same folder...

Thank for Your help

MiroslavH
Free presets: Alchemy, FM8, Poseidon, Tera, Toxic Bio and soon for Gladiator, Circle, Cube2, Zebra and more.
rikki rivett
KVRist

89 posts since 19 Jul, 2004

Postby rikki rivett; Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:58 am

topaz wrote:there is something about having this constant stream of notes that just inspire me to write songs like this
http://www.topazproductions.co.uk/audio/Operation_Of_Honour_1.mp3

]

Hey, sorry, the link is broken it seems...

thx!!

RR
Intel Mac, OSX 10.6x, RME Fireface, Logic 9
zosoaudo007
KVRist

Postby zosoaudo007; Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:35 am

Miroslav H wrote:
zosoaudo007 wrote: If the link doesn't work let me know and I will fix. Enjoy!
HI,

Your presets don't work at my Alchemy... i obtain a pure basic sound... I put all three files at the same folder...

Thank for Your help

MiroslavH

What do you mean you obtain a pure basic sound? The file plays dry without any modulation, or the file doesn't play at all?

The WAV file should be loaded to source A in the additive part. That should do the trick.
Miroslav H
KVRist

Postby Miroslav H; Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:00 pm

zosoaudo007 wrote:What do you mean you obtain a pure basic sound? The file plays dry without any modulation, or the file doesn't play at all?

The WAV file should be loaded to source A in the additive part. That should do the trick.

I obtain an INIT sound: 4 x saw, no envelopp, no modulation, only the saw sound... curious, no? I placed all 3 files (.acp, .aaz, and the sample) to another folder, but the result is... the same init sound... I don't know, where something is wrong...

I experienced the similar problem with my own sound bank, that in my computer all was OK, while on the other computers some presets sound bad. Alchemy has found the right files somewhere on my own hard disk, but not on the other. It was corrected after some communication... the problem is that Alchemy knows to find all necessary files anywhere in the general folder (Alchemy folder), so all seems be cool on our own comp...

Here, i don't understand why i obtain only the init sound...

Miroslav
zosoaudo007
KVRist

Postby zosoaudo007; Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:49 pm

sorry to hear that miroslav. i will change it sometime tomorrow. maybe that will fix the problem, but i think it may be a bug in alchemy
Venomeza
KVRist

292 posts since 1 Nov, 2006, from Guatemala

Postby Venomeza; Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:35 am

I purchased Alchemy last week, and here's my fist preset:

Tokyoscape (the zip contains the alchemy preset and the external sample I used just in case alchemy asks for it)

About the preset:

I was messing around with the included sample content and with some of my samples and I came out with this, a nice japanese-like cinematic loop. Let me tell you that I'm highly impressed with Alchemy, its really deep but also very easy to use.

Hope you like it and feel free to criticize.
Musical Gym
KVRAF

3399 posts since 23 May, 2004, from Northern Central CA (not as good as Eureka)

Postby Musical Gym; Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:54 am

spidergod
KVRian

791 posts since 27 May, 2008

Postby spidergod; Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:46 am

Where is the best place to host files/presets?

can anyone advise of some good hosts please.

thanks
Dave Bourke
KVRist

444 posts since 5 Apr, 2004, from Ireland

Postby Dave Bourke; Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:20 am

Both Tokyoscape and ARPFlyingFree open as default presets with no arp assignments on my setup (Mac Pro, 10.4.11, Digital Performer 5.13). Everything else made by the good folk on this forum works perfectly for me.

Kind regards.
Dave Bourke
- ideation -
PreviousNext

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

Return to Camel Audio