Preset discussion

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,
i made a list with links of commercial soundbanks for Lennar Digital Sylenth1 (with prizes):

http://www.cfa-sound.com/ - 128 patches for 40 Euros

http://www.dancemidisamples.com/Sylenth ... -Bank.html - 128 patches for 13 Euros

http://www.vstsoundbanks.com/ - 256 patches (2 banks) for 9.95 Euros

http://www.maximumsounds.com/ - 128 + 10 patches for 16 Euros

http://www.arksun-sound.com/ - 128 patches for 25 Euros

http://www.adamszabo.com/ - 20 Euros (only 64 patches, other 64 patches are included in the factory banks)

http://teamdnr.mediashift.net/2009/01/2 ... signature/ - 8 Euros for 64 patches

http://www.mikemadera.com/ummet/ummo/pu ... &Itemid=27 - 128 patches for 35 Euros

I also own the "Radio Carbon" soundset from Nucleus SoundLab which is no longer available (KVR news and link: http://www.kvraudio.com/news/7902.html) - prize was 19.95 Euros for 128 patches. - UPDATE: Those patches can be found in the Sylenth1 factory banks now !!

FREE Sylenth1 soundbanks:
http://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?s=lis ... order=date

Additions to the list are welcome.

UPDATE: Lennard added all links to the Lennar Digital homepage: http://www.lennardigital.com/modules/sylenth1/links.php
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Cyforce wrote:do you really think 40€ are "expansive" for 128er soundset? For example, a Nexus-Expansion have 100-130 sounds, with less of options as a soundset for a synthesizer and a nexus expansion cost 79€! Personally i think its much more expansive as a soundset for 40€.
yes it's too much...a ridiculous price once you convert those euro's into any other currency..

the other soundsets I've bought are modestly priced and pretty much every patch is a killer.

Some people need to get realistic, but then, I think they're gonna discover that either way.

quantize wrote:
Cyforce wrote:do you really think 40€ are "expansive" for 128er soundset? For example, a Nexus-Expansion have 100-130 sounds, with less of options as a soundset for a synthesizer and a nexus expansion cost 79€! Personally i think its much more expansive as a soundset for 40€.
yes it's too much...a ridiculous price once you convert those euro's into any other currency..

the other soundsets I've bought are modestly priced and pretty much every patch is a killer.

Some people need to get realistic, but then, I think they're gonna discover that either way.
In a other currency its for example 51,60 US-Dollars, 40 US-Cents for each Patch. This is expensive? .... Your opinion...

my personally opinion - its a more than fair price.

dont forgot in the prices from cfa-sound are VAT included! Without VAT is the price for example for the Synergy-Soundset only 33€ :D

Teksonik wrote:
samsam wrote:My wish is a bit different - I hope Sylenth continues to offer more wonderful free presets with each update, as it has done in the past, without me having to pay any more for them. But hey, each to their own.
You realize of course that creating a soundbank requires a huge amount of time and effort. Those people should be compensated for their work just like everyone else. Even if you know how to program synths on the same level as these people the amount of time they save you is worth the price alone. Each programmer has his own "flavor" and that allows you to get a wider range of sounds from a synth. It's nice that Sylenth comes with a large number of great presets but to see so many third party sound designers working on new content is very good news indeed.
I fully accept that it takes time and skill to create a decent sounbank, I'm not trying to put down anybody's work.

And yes, I realise that work (generally) requires pay. I suppose my desire is for Lennard to pay the sound designers, not me. You know what I mean? I presume he paid the sound designers who supplied the presets I got "free" with Sylenth? If that's not the case then I stand corrected. It seems that each new update comes with more presets included, doesn't it? Anyway, as I said before, each to their own.

As a side-note, IN MY DREAMS can I make presets on a par with these people...

Cyforce wrote:
In a other currency its for example 51,60 US-Dollars, 40 US-Cents for each Patch. This is expensive? .... Your opinion...

my personally opinion - its a more than fair price.

We'll that's good for you..a fool and his money are soon parted..you pay that price, I'll continue to support the sound designers who are realistic about the usability and pricing of their patches.

I'll go one better though, I'll be releasing a free bank of 64 sounds - as good as any of the ones I've paid for, all done from scratch, over the next month. From a pool of 256 I've done...right now though, I'm a bit busy making music.

quantize wrote:Some people need to get realistic, but then, I think they're gonna discover that either way.
Your words dont match with your last post.

you appeal over the price, a mean a price between the maximum and the minimum of prices in revaltion to the other distrubers are overdosed?

you know what is the critical prblem in this case?
The user/buyer want it EVER so cheap as possible! But the developer can't selling her self below value. For example - In a direct revvalation to soundorder.com, there you pay 59€/76$ for 128 Sounds, at Adam van Baker you pay for 128 Sounds 30€/39$. SO now we have the maximum of 76$ and the loses with 39$, and there i think 51$ is a pretty good deal - and a important point, i compare only this other sound-designers, whose sounds have really quality.

Such a stuff like VST-Soundpanks, with 256 for 9€ can't be on a high level of quality, unique and usabilty.

you know hhat would it be like if all sounddesigners selling her stuff for extrem low prices? nobody would build soundsets with the quality level as this banks have.

little overview:
Soundorder.com - 128er Set 59€/76$
Synthation - 128er Set - 55€/71$
Vengeance - 128er Set - 55€/71$
CFA-Sound - 128er Set - 40€/51$
Adam van Baker - 128er Set - 30€/39$
ArksunSound - 128er Set - 25€/33$

If you now relay mean CFA is to expensive, what is than Soundorder? :lol:

Some people need to get realistic :wink:

Quality has a price. If you only want soundsets so cheap as possible you must buy soundsets which low quality like VST-Soundbanks and all the rest, where more than 50% of the sounds are stealed...

Only because the Fiat Panda cost the half of a Mercedes C-Class, Mercedes shall lower her prices? Is from the principle the same... :hihi:

you see, some people need to get realistic, you are right :D
a good soundset has his price. its a lot of work to build a good set, which is inspirational, fresh, creative and usabilty... what can i say? only, if you want quality and creative stuff, in the most instances they are not gratis. and if you only wanna stuff which is gratis, than encumb about prices... :roll:

Back to Topic, i think it would be a good idea to build in a rating in this overview of commercial soundsets. thereby has the user a better overview over usabilty, creative factor etc..

I agree that the soundset from CFA-Audio is a little overpriced. Anyway i bought it and i really like the patches.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

thats a lot of typing for not much sense

your opinion...i dont share it

I didn't start this thread to argue about the prize of the CFA-sound soundset. There is a own thread for that here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=241093

This thread is meant to inform and discuss about available soundsets. Other members can add links for new soundsets here. Discussions about soundsets should be focussed more on reviews of the patches and not about the prizes. Anyway if that's what you want to discuss about i can't do anything against it, since this is a free forum.
Ingo Weidner

Where you did find this? I just checked vengeance (english) web site and did not found any banks for sylenth ?

Mac Hine wrote:
Where you did find this? I just checked vengeance (english) web site and did not found any banks for sylenth ?
I guess he made a more general comparison and searched for the highest price he could find.
Ingo Weidner

Exhile wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
samsam wrote:My wish is a bit different - I hope Sylenth continues to offer more wonderful free presets with each update, as it has done in the past, without me having to pay any more for them. But hey, each to their own.
You realize of course that creating a soundbank requires a huge amount of time and effort. Those people should be compensated for their work just like everyone else. Even if you know how to program synths on the same level as these people the amount of time they save you is worth the price alone. Each programmer has his own "flavor" and that allows you to get a wider range of sounds from a synth. It's nice that Sylenth comes with a large number of great presets but to see so many third party sound designers working on new content is very good news indeed.
I agree with that but lets look at the prices. How many hours do you think it takes to create a sound bank? Now how many hours do you think it takes to create a synth. Something tells me that 25 euros for 128 patches is fairly expensive if you consider sylenth is only 139 euros. Sylenth should be about 10000 euros if we are going on hours work :wink:
I made no direct comparison to number of hours spent to compensation expected nor did I comment on the prices of any of the soundsets. I simply said sound designers should be paid for their work just like everyone else. How much they can charge for their work will be determined by the market.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

quantize wrote:
Teksonik wrote: You realize of course that creating a soundbank requires a huge amount of time and effort. Those people should be compensated for their work just like everyone else.
but you simply cannot defend someone asking 40 euros for a sound bank...in the current economic climate that is utterly ridiculous. I bought the others because they're quality sounds and very fair prices...that I can support.
Where in my post did I defend someone asking 40 euros for a soundbank? Again the market will decide if a soundbank is overpriced or not.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Hell to all forum members,

i just realized that Lennard noticed my request and added all of the links for the commercial soundsets to his homepage: http://www.lennardigital.com/modules/sylenth1/links.php

Many thanks to Lennard!

:D :D
Ingo Weidner

Exhile wrote:
I agree with that but lets look at the prices. How many hours do you think it takes to create a sound bank? Now how many hours do you think it takes to create a synth. Something tells me that 25 euros for 128 patches is fairly expensive if you consider sylenth is only 139 euros. Sylenth should be about 10000 euros if we are going on hours work :wink:
I have no idea how long it takes to code and bug-check a soft-synth. Neither can I speak for any of the other sound designers on how long they spend working on a soundbank.

But to give you an idea of how long it can take, on the current soundbank I'm working on for Zebra, the longest I spent was 6 hours spread over 2 days working on just one particular preset.

Also bare in mind the creative arts isn't really something one can just switch on and off like laying a brick wall or vacuuming a floor. It either flows or it doesn't, just like making music. Well certainly the better quality ones anyways. If one just goes through the motions joining the dots in as quick fashion as possible,the results suffer.

I know that sounds really corny the whole 'ohhh I have to be in the right frame of mind, whats my motivation daaaaarling' , but it's kinda true!.

I actually hit a brick wall half way through this bank where my creative juices just seemed to stop, the presets I was starting to make I was binning as they just weren't cutting it. So I made myself take a break, just for a few days, played some silly computer games, went for long walks, focused on very different things. Came back to it feeling more refreshed and things started to flow well again :)
Arksun
Music Producer | Sound Designer
www.arksun-sound.com

Return to “LennarDigital”