What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Camel Song Competition - Winners announced!!!

Official support for: camelaudio.com

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

Ben [Camel Audio]
KVRAF

2657 posts since 17 Sep, 2001, from Edinburgh, Scotland

Postby Ben [Camel Audio]; Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:16 am Camel Song Competition - Winners announced!!!

We're offering three people the chance to win their choice of any Camel Audio product. Simply download the Alchemy demo which is fully functional for 3 weeks including song saving, or use the full version if you've bought it and write a tune using only Alchemy and optionally another plugin for drums. You may not use any other plugins aside from optionally using compression/limiting/eq for mastering. You can write your piece using just the included presets, download user presets or import your own samples and create your own sounds.

To submit your entry, post a link to your song encoded as a 192 or 256kbps MP3 on this thread. We may use tunes posted here for promotional purposes. We will select three winners, based on how well the songs demonstrate the capabilities of Alchemy, as well as artistic merit and production quality. Entries must be submitted by Wed 18th March.

Demo Installation Instructions
1) Download installer and content to desktop
2) Run installer

Win Installer
Mac Installer
Demo Content

Good luck!
Ben
Ben [Camel Audio]
KVRAF

2657 posts since 17 Sep, 2001, from Edinburgh, Scotland

Postby Ben [Camel Audio]; Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:12 pm

If you've got any questions, ask away. :)
rifftrax
KVRAF

1543 posts since 26 Feb, 2008

Postby rifftrax; Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:16 pm

I'm going to give this a try. Thanks for the 30 full demo of the content!

Is it allowable to use M/S plugs, tape emulation and external reverb? I tend to use a lot of convolution.
Snare drums samples: the new and improved "dither algo"
Kriminal
KVRAF

18493 posts since 1 Oct, 2001, from England

Postby Kriminal; Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:23 pm

rifftrax wrote:
Is it allowable to use M/S plugs, tape emulation and external reverb? I tend to use a lot of convolution.

Ben [Camel Audio] wrote: You may not use any other plugins aside from optionally using compression/limiting/eq for mastering.
rifftrax
KVRAF

Postby rifftrax; Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:51 pm

Kriminal wrote:
rifftrax wrote:

Ben [Camel Audio] wrote: You may not use any other plugins aside from optionally using compression/limiting/eq for mastering.

well compression can typically be seen as a type of distortion/saturation which would then mean that it doesn't preclude any number of saturation plugs that I have available.
rifftrax
KVRAF

Postby rifftrax; Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:51 pm

OK. Finished the song. Just under 2:00. It's titled "Morning Dew" (it's an upbeat happy-go-lucky song).

linky: http://www.box.net/shared/b3upo3078c

I used the following instances/presets of Alchemy:
- Pulsing Toto
- Sweeter Than Sugar
- Suburgency
- Ice Sticks
- Shape Shifter
- Hard Attack Strings
- Glow Violin
- Andy Goldsworthy Is a Genius
- Bubbles in Liquid Water
- ZBowed Guitar
- Lonley Movie Pad (2 instances)

I utilized an instance of Dimension Pro to cover drums with eq/compression/limiting from the following:

EQ: Paris EQ, KeytoSound Precision EQ, ColourEQ (Ddmf), Nyquist EQ, Voxengo's Gliss EQ
Compression: Voxengo's Crunchessor
Limiting: TSClip

Enjoy. :)
Bbbodie
KVRer

6 posts since 7 Aug, 2004, from PNW in the US and South Pacific

Postby Bbbodie; Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:50 am

I've got some great ideas using the demo and the demo content, but also am in the midst of a production for my island release, so I'd like to use at least one source which is a local animal samples in it...can I do it?
standalone
KVRAF

5587 posts since 8 May, 2008, from ssssskipping ......... I left you there

Postby standalone; Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:18 am

Bbbodie wrote:I've got some great ideas using the demo and the demo content, but also am in the midst of a production for my island release, so I'd like to use at least one source which is a local animal samples in it...can I do it?

Somewhere in this very thread .....

You can write your piece using just the included presets, download user presets or import your own samples and create your own sounds.
charlieejv
KVRer

22 posts since 30 Jan, 2005

Postby charlieejv; Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:54 pm

First of all thanks for a great synth.

The song is entitled which way is out, here is the link.

http://drive.123-reg.co.uk/F/37199-377474123

I wanted to try to produce something to show off what this synth can really do, pushing it as far as the dials went. Making sounds you wouldn't normally hear.

I used 8 instruments, trying out different features with each instrument, from the effects unit to appregiato to the lovely remix pad to produce an incredicle landscape.

Of particular interest is the piano ghost with a small appregiata the sound is amazing, and the moviedrone that reminds me of a sample played backwards.

I wanted drums in the track but more as an instrument than as a beat, and the drums filter mod kits did a marvelous job. Right enough of my babbling hope you enjoyed it as much as I did creating it.

Created in fruityloops. Instuments used

1 drums filter mod kits
2 addictive church organ
3 alchamey padding chord
4 deep blue
5 moviedrone
6 piano ghost
7 sweet swirl
8 malletopia
mikusan
KVRian

722 posts since 26 Jun, 2003, from UK

Postby mikusan; Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:47 am

Ben, I've got a question - not that I have anything to post yet, but if(!!) I do get something finished in time, is there an option for those luddites amongst us(or am I the only one :-o )who don't have a web page to link to?
rifftrax
KVRAF

Postby rifftrax; Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:22 am

mikusan wrote:Ben, I've got a question - not that I have anything to post yet, but if(!!) I do get something finished in time, is there an option for those luddites amongst us(or am I the only one :-o )who don't have a web page to link to?

just get a free box.net account. They're awesome.
damstraversaz
KVRian

563 posts since 1 Mar, 2004, from france

Postby damstraversaz; Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:17 am

so here is mine

"yoshi is on the road"

http://www.box.net/shared/ksqu83uz40

4 instances used from the included bank , but with some changes with the factory soundset and a lot of use of the remix pad !

low red moon

bellscape

bubbles in livid waters

munchy

just a kick from additive demo for drums.

no eq or other things, just JB Broadcast Processor and jb barricade pro on the master for general comp and limit.

alchimy is really an inspiring instrument ! never do this type of music before.

regards

damien
ew
KVRAF

9325 posts since 22 Jul, 2002, from Eagan, MN

Postby ew; Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:32 am

mikusan wrote:Ben, I've got a question - not that I have anything to post yet, but if(!!) I do get something finished in time, is there an option for those luddites amongst us(or am I the only one :-o )who don't have a web page to link to?

I'm sure one of us would be happy to host it for you :)

ew
A spectral heretic...

Camel Audio | NI forums
Reverend Rhythm
KVRAF

3271 posts since 21 Feb, 2003, from Woodstock, GA USA

Postby Reverend Rhythm; Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:13 am

rifftrax wrote:just get a free box.net account. They're awesome.
Because of this post, I tried box.net. Not bad. I haven't found a way to link directly to the mp3, but you can stream or download. And it doesn't take a lot of trouble.
esoundz name: ReverendRhythm
rifftrax
KVRAF

Postby rifftrax; Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:16 am

Reverend Rhythm wrote:
rifftrax wrote:just get a free box.net account. They're awesome.
Because of this post, I tried box.net. Not bad. I haven't found a way to link directly to the mp3, but you can stream or download. And it doesn't take a lot of trouble.

It's worked pretty well for me over the years... 8)
Next

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

Return to Camel Audio