Redline Monitor - how does it work?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Off topic, but how how much will Redline Reverb cost and when will it be released?
I am still looking for a good reverb. My favorite so far has been RV7000. At my studio is use the Waves reverbs which are quite nice. I hope this one will be the king of all.

Because this is 10 pages and I almost missed it, Cubase users can really get mileage out of this using Control Room so it is only applied to your headphone mix. Great stuff. Obviously not groundbreaking technique but seeing it here (at least I think it was in this context, and also when we were discussing ARC not being applied to exports) reminded me to dig in and use Control Room more.

Best plugin ever!
My latest mix sounds alot better than the one before.

buscemi wrote:Because this is 10 pages and I almost missed it, Cubase users can really get mileage out of this using Control Room so it is only applied to your headphone mix. Great stuff. Obviously not groundbreaking technique but seeing it here (at least I think it was in this context, and also when we were discussing ARC not being applied to exports) reminded me to dig in and use Control Room more.
Thats' very interesting. I have to start using Control Room, as my initial tests with Redline Monitor have been very promising, and I'm planning on getting ARC. THanks, buscemi! :D

bduffy wrote:
buscemi wrote:Because this is 10 pages and I almost missed it, Cubase users can really get mileage out of this using Control Room so it is only applied to your headphone mix. Great stuff. Obviously not groundbreaking technique but seeing it here (at least I think it was in this context, and also when we were discussing ARC not being applied to exports) reminded me to dig in and use Control Room more.
Thats' very interesting. I have to start using Control Room, as my initial tests with Redline Monitor have been very promising, and I'm planning on getting ARC. THanks, buscemi! :D
Crap, I'm accidentally helpful sometimes. Have to work on that. :D It was really only passing the information on, I wasn't the originator. I am lazy and won't go back to check who it was though. Credit where due, only if someone else looks it up :) It really is a great bit of advice that made me laugh at myself for missing. I believe Control Room is disabled by default, in my defense.

buscemi wrote:
bduffy wrote:
Crap, I'm accidentally helpful sometimes. Have to work on that. :D It was really only passing the information on, I wasn't the originator. I am lazy and won't go back to check who it was though. Credit where due, only if someone else looks it up :) It really is a great bit of advice that made me laugh at myself for missing. I believe Control Room is disabled by default, in my defense.
I think you might realize, at this point, that accidental advice is one of the best side effects of being on KVR! No worries, man. I recall a thread about Control Room recently, and to be honest, I've only used Control Room in VST Connections to hook up the preview/Media Bay bus; I thought I had no use for the Control Room beyond that, coz I'm not running a recording booth or anything like that, but now I know better, thanks to you, and those who came before you. Ain't Cubase grand? :D

Great plugin!
What settings for AKG K240 Studio ?

Here is a quick mix made with the plugin on my AKG's
http://www.nalbantov.com/Dimi_Nalbantov ... LTrack.mp3
https://www.youtube.com/diminalbantov
You can always tell if someone used VST2 or VST3. VST2 sounds much warmer.

dimitar wrote:Great plugin!
What settings for AKG K240 Studio ?

Here is a quick mix made with the plugin on my AKG's
http://www.nalbantov.com/Dimi_Nalbantov ... LTrack.mp3
Jesus, nice tone, Dimitar (and shredding, as always)! Is that the VANDAL amp sim? :hyper:

The mix sounds solid. I should post an example I did with Redline Monitor too. Turned out very well.

bduffy wrote:I should post an example I did with Redline Monitor too. Turned out very well.
Please do!
stay juicy!

It is TH1. :) So, what settings for AKG K240 Studio headphones ?

My monitors are KRK Rokit6.
https://www.youtube.com/diminalbantov
You can always tell if someone used VST2 or VST3. VST2 sounds much warmer.

dimitar wrote:It is TH1. :) So, what settings for AKG K240 Studio headphones ?

My monitors are KRK Rokit6.
I have no idea! The only thing I changed from the default settings was the distance, to match my speakers (more or less). Maybe we should ask dj on the 112 forums?

fridtjof wrote:Off topic, but how how much will Redline Reverb cost and when will it be released?
Just a quick off-topic reply: release date will be April 6--I know, I know, strictly speaking that's not Q1--with an expected regular price of $149/149 euro, most likely an introductory offer for the first 3 months, and a serious discount for existing R66 owners.

Now back on topic!

-- dj!
Morgana | Redline Series | Big Blue Series

bduffy wrote:I have no idea! The only thing I changed from the default settings was the distance, to match my speakers (more or less). Maybe we should ask dj on the 112 forums?
Or you could simply ask me here? :hihi:

-- dj!

dj! (112dB) wrote:
bduffy wrote:I have no idea! The only thing I changed from the default settings was the distance, to match my speakers (more or less). Maybe we should ask dj on the 112 forums?
Or you could simply ask me here? :hihi:

-- dj!
Indeed. So how does one adjust according to one's headphones and monitor distance? Is that what the "distance" setting is for? The actual physical distance from your ears to your monitors, or how much you wish to simulate?

In a nutshell, yes. The Distance control is intended to simulate physical distance of your ears from the ghost nearfields. Don't take this too literally though--it won't sound the same as monitors in a room, not in the least because Redline Monitor intentionally doesn't model a room (as in early reflections). IMHO it doesn't make sense to first spend tons of money and effort on acoustic treatment to eliminate early reflections as much as possible, only to reintroduce them through a mastering plugin. :)

In short: the Soundstage and Center Level shd be adjusted to match your monitor setup as closely as possible, Distance is more of "season to taste" type control. In fact for perfectly linear response set it to Off.

-- dj!

Return to “Effects”