Magix Music Maker for Myspace free download

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just in case anyone wants to use this:

http://www.magixmusicwidgets.com/catego ... or-myspace

It's free, and by Magix. Basically a way to upload music to Myspace and use your own custom player, then add songs from the application instead of having to use the MySpace interface.

I have NOT used it, but just found it(got an email actually, so others may have as well). Sounds cool, but I have no idea how extensive it is or how many songs you can export. So just realize that as a disclaimer.

Brent
My host is better than your host

Music Maker is a great program for cheap, and is most similar to Acid Pro - i.e. drawing in loops.
Great flexibility, and good native plugins. You can even drag-n-drop in video tracks.

I haven't tested it's direct upload capability yet, but if it's similar to how Movie Edit Pro handles youtube uploads, it should be good to go.

So, for FREE - hey, it's a great deal!

Greg

It's so crippled versus the retail version that it's nearly useless. I guess what can you expect for free.

:roll:

Drag in tracks, mix, EQ, native effects, and then upload. Pretty straightforward.
Could also be used as a performance tool actually.

Greg

careyletendre wrote:It's so crippled versus the retail version that it's nearly useless. I guess what can you expect for free.

:roll:
It does what it's supposed to do. It isn't meant as a DAW centerpiece, but a tool to compile and upload songs to MySpace. Free or not, it does exactly what they wanted.

Brent

You don't need this application to compile and upload songs to myspace! If that were their intention, which of course it isn't, it sure would be a serious case of overkill. It's more like a feature reduced demo which is underscored by the convenient "click here to get the full version" button.

careyletendre wrote:You don't need this application to compile and upload songs to myspace! If that were their intention, which of course it isn't, it sure would be a serious case of overkill. It's more like a feature reduced demo which is underscored by the convenient "click here to get the full version" button.
How do you know what their intention is? Of course they want to sell other products, but the intention of the software is to use online to share your music.

Why do people find it so wrong to offer something free to get people to buy other software? I mean, heaven forbid they make money, eh?

Regardless, this software obviously isn't the ONLY way to get your music on MySpace. Where did anyone EVER say that it was? But if you don't like the player that MySpace uses, or want to not be restricted by it and how much music you can share, or even if people who don't do much audio production and don't have other software and just want to upload their songs, this can be used.

It does what it's supposed to do. If they choose to use it to help sell other products, who cares. There's nothing wrong with that.

Brent

Yeah, it's a very straightforward marketing move on Magix' part.

At least it's obvious and right in front of your face what they're doing rather than them charging you for a 'crippled' or 'drastically reduced' version of software.

There's no doubt what they're offering.

Besides, if my 6-year old niece can slap together some songs for fun, in about 5 minutes, and upload it for her friends to hear, then I think it's a good thing.

Greg

careyletendre wrote:You don't need this application to compile and upload songs to myspace! If that were their intention, which of course it isn't, it sure would be a serious case of overkill. It's more like a feature reduced demo which is underscored by the convenient "click here to get the full version" button.
how dare they try to get you to buy the full version!!! :o :o :o :o :o
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”